How would you improve your tractor?

/ How would you improve your tractor?
Until proper lever location is second nature, which shouldn't take too long, just make sure you do a quick visual prior to yanking the lever. I always do a visual prior to pulling any levers just to be sure.

If you're very new and are getting the levers confused even when looking at them, get into the habit of stopping the tractor first and placing your foot on the brake. A good exercise if you're working around hills is to practice using the foot brake until your awareness of it and it's use in an panic situation is second nature.

/ How would you improve your tractor? #22  
Just used to the old Ford 3000 we had, only had 1 lever on the right, only for the 3pt. So, yes, I am stopping and looking now!:thumbsup: Thanks!

/ How would you improve your tractor?
Another improvement I've been thinking about since the second day of using the tractor, an idiot light on the dash as a reminder that the emergency break is on. Can't count the times I've driven around for a minute or two wondering why things felt so sluggish.

/ How would you improve your tractor? #24  
You have to think outside the box, a scantily clad operator of the opposite sex would improve my tractor exponentially regardless of skill.....operating a tractor that is

You failed to include "a good looking" scantily clad operator........... I have seem some 300 lb plus members of the opposite sex in spandex, that I would have preferred stayed in-doors and wearing gurka's.:laughing:

/ How would you improve your tractor? #25  
You failed to include "a good looking" scantily clad operator........... I have seem some 300 lb plus members of the opposite sex in spandex, that I would have preferred stayed in-doors and wearing gurka's.:laughing:
I prefer NAKED! "good looking operator of the opposite sex. Isn't it sad that we have to specify that nowadays? Anyway, agreed that overweight and spandex are a definate NO,NO!

/ How would you improve your tractor? #26  
Curious what aspects of your tractor owners feel the manufacturer should alter to make your tractor better. After putting only about 60 hours on my GC2600 a couple annoyance corrections come to mind.

1- In low-range I'd prefer reverse to have the same gearing as forward, I understand in high gear this may cause stability issues but low reverse is painfully slow.

2- The method of locking the mower lift arms in the up position could be refined. Instead of rotating the height adjustment knob to it's highest position which imo is a bit of a pain, a simple lever type mechanism would be great.

3- Perhaps it's there's an adjustment somewhere other than the spring but the 3 pt hitch lever won't stay down in the float position. A more precise and effective tension system would be appreciated

4- The tail lamps on the ROPS should be designed so they can folded in-ward of the bar to prevent snagging of trees and such while operating in close quarters.

5- The mid pto should come with a cover. The manual states to keep the pto's covered when not in use (the rear comes with a cover) but the center shaft has none nor is one available.

6- A variable rate lever for raising the 3 pt arms. (Thanks Wacky, I forgot about that one)

For my preference I would like to add Nichole Kidman :)

Actually,
One of the reasons I picked the subcompact is because it used one seat for both normal operation and the backhoe. now I'm thinking two seperate seats would be easier and quicker. I would also like to see the ROPS 5 inches shorter so I can fit it in my garage. I am also short so an ability to lower the seat would be awesome.
maybe a beer cooler would be cool to.