Howdy from Texas

/ Howdy from Texas #1  

TexJer

Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hello, new member here and so far I'm amazed by all the information available and more impressed to find this many people who enjoy running tractors too. I always thought I was a bit "off" because the tractor work on the farm was always my favorite.

I live in the DFW Metro-Mess. Have 1/4 acre lot and enjoy my gardens. Mostly I use my 1966 JD 110 or my Big Red Troybilt tiller for that. I recently got a Kubota B6100 2wd and a Land Pride 4' finish mower. She's double ugly but the engine sounds good. The clutch was out on it but I got the tractor and mower for what I HOPE was a good price. I really wanted something a bit larger to mow and general use on 5 acres I have in the country. This will wind up being a garden tractor I imagine, but should do exactly what I need. The JD works Ok, but it's too low to the ground to cultivate with. Later on I'd like to get a Ford Jubilee or such for my mowing. Oh yeah, this is my 3rd Kubota to own. Sold my B7100HST 4wd about 10 years ago. DANG, I nearly cried when he drove down the street with it on the trailer. I didn't need it THEN, but in the back of my mind I knew I'd regret selling it, and I was right. I forget the model number of my first one, but it was 27 hp and 4wd as well. That's the tractor I wish I had now. Oh well, live and learn hopefully.

Just wanted to say howdy and that I look forward to this site and what it has to offer.

/ Howdy from Texas #3  
Howdy from L.A (Lower Alabama that is) Welcome aboard.

/ Howdy from Texas #4  
Just wanted to say howdy and that I look forward to this site and what it has to offer.

Howdy and welcome to TBN. You'll find lots of Texas TBNers on this site from all over the state; lots in North Texas and several in Arlington. I used to live in Grand Prairie before buying and building in Wise County. Anyhow, there is a big group of us here and we're very active.

/ Howdy from Texas #5  
Welcome to TBN :)

/ Howdy from Texas
Howdy and welcome to TBN. You'll find lots of Texas TBNers on this site from all over the state; lots in North Texas and several in Arlington. I used to live in Grand Prairie before buying and building in Wise County. Anyhow, there is a big group of us here and we're very active.

Hey jinman,

I grew up in Cooke County. My place is about 1/2 way between Decatur and Gainesville. I'm stuck in Arlington makin' a livin', but it's not bad for city living.