How's Everyone Doing

/ How's Everyone Doing #11  
Has anyone with an R3039 changed their fuel filter yet? The procedure in the manual says to disconnect and plug all the lines and then unbolt the unit from the engine. The placement of the filter unit makes it kinda hard to get at as it is behind the loader mount. I was just wondering if anyone has a better method or shortcuts.

/ How's Everyone Doing #12  
Not yet sir, but I agree with you the loader makes it hard to get to things. Have you had the loader off yet?

/ How's Everyone Doing #13  
No, haven't had the loader off yet. It probably would make changing the fuel filter easier.

/ How's Everyone Doing #14  
LittleBlue, getting any rain over in Texas?
Randy

Guess I'm a little late to this thread. Yeah, as others have noted we've been getting plenty of rain around these parts this year and more this last weekend. Unfortunately I'm still losing pines. Guess they were too stressed by the drought last year to survive. I've never been a big fan of pine trees, but they are certainly better than nothing. I'd like to drag some of them out of the woods and into open field, but it's really too dangerous to do anything in the woods on a tractor right now with all the dead and dying loblollys.

Not much tractor related stuff going on for me at the moment. Thinking real serious about adding a manual hydraulic diverter on the back so I can get a tilt cylinder for my 3-point. Already have the top link, but only one rear remote.

/ How's Everyone Doing
Well, as I figured, I got rained out Sunday from getting my new grapples hooked up.
I got up early, and went out to try and beat the rain, but all I managed to do what get soaked! One of those days when nothing goes right!
For starters, I had to get it out of the steel crate that it was shipped in. Easy enough. Wrong! Hooked a chain to it thinking I could just lift it out. For the life of me, this thing was larger than the crate. I'll just grab the grinder and cut it out. What! my extension cord is about eight foot shy. I hook back up to the tractor to drag it within reach of the cord. Just get started good, and here comes the rain! When the rain let up, I realized that I might be able to chain up to the rear end of the grapple, and lift it up back end first. That actually worked, and I got it out finally.
The rain picked back up, so I gave up and went home. Maybe this week!

/ How's Everyone Doing #16  
Hang in there Randy, we are getting the rain today.

/ How's Everyone Doing
Hang in there Randy, we are getting the rain today.

Well, at least we should get a bit of cooler weather down here, and hopefully a little sunshine later this week!

/ How's Everyone Doing #18  
Man we could use some of that rain here. Over a 2 day period of cloudy days and nights , we got .3". Nothing yesterday or today. Spent most of the afternoon yesterday picking up rocks from the lawn where the discing turned them up.
This morning I thought I would give it another look and pick up the ones I missed yesterday. Was going good till I found one about a foot long showing about 2" wide which I attacked with a knife that I keep in my RTV for cutting weed roots. After digging for about 3 minutes and discovering that the actual rock was much larger than what was showing, I went after the backhoe. When I stopped digging, I had hauled 3 loads on my Kubota 900RTV rounded to the max and 4 FEL bucket loads of rocks away from that one location. I just stopped digging around 3 foot deep which seemed to be a solid rock slab at that depth. The ones removed were from marble size to foot tub size and I used them all lining the down stream side of the last dam we put in the creek.Finally got the hole filled in pretty good and then decided to pick up a few on a small pasture next to the lawn. I was picking along and found a razorback ridge of rock about a foot long that was same story as other one, so back to the backhoe. This one ended up being about 2 feet in diameter and I had to load in the RTV with the backhoe and thumb. By the time I got all the shards that were stacked in with the large boulder, I had another full load on the RTV. By this time it was about 5PM and I had been at it since about 9am with only a short break for the sandwich that the wife brought out to me.
I guess it will be more gathering of this years rock harvest tomorrow. I didnt realize how much fun I was missing prior to retiring. Funny how such a little job can turn into an all day or all week project.

/ How's Everyone Doing #19  
Wish I had a backhoe to dig some of my rocks. I have been trying to dig them out of an area I mow and am tired of running over them with the mower. Most often they are small and easily dug out with a pick and shovel. Then some are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. And of course once you get one out, 2 or 3 more show up!

/ How's Everyone Doing #20  
Wish I had a backhoe to dig some of my rocks. I have been trying to dig them out of an area I mow and am tired of running over them with the mower. Most often they are small and easily dug out with a pick and shovel. Then some are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. And of course once you get one out, 2 or 3 more show up!

We have lots of rocks here all sizes. When I find a huge one, I get the 10lb sledgehammer and try to beat it down a little.