Howse Rotary Cutters....POS?

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #31  
CDsdad said:
I have a Bushhog SQ600, my father has a 5' Howse light duty, I don't know the model #. I have used both of these units on my place, I borrowed his before I bought mine.

The Howse was sufficient for the light cutting I was doing in my field and never gave a problem. I've put the SQ600 through the woods and as someone said used it for "discovery". The Howse would've never held up. If the Howse gearbox had held up the sheet metal never would've.

Price difference on the 2 was $300 or so.

It's whatever you prefer. I wish Howse was better with service, I only live about 30 minutes from their facility and it would be convenient, that's my biggest problem with them.

Well, would we expect anything less than a Bush Hog product from Selma Alabama at the home of an obvious Crimson Tide fan? Roll Tide!

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #32  
I've never used House equipment but I was looking over their website and say that they had online ordering for both parts and products. If you go to this page and do the pulldown for wholegoods you'll see their factor prices. How do these prices compare to what dealers charge?

https://secure1.c-gate.net/howse/

Andy

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #33  
I don't know how those prices compare in recent times, but they're sure a lot higher than I paid for a rotary cutter and box blade in 1999, but of course I would expect the prices to be higher seven and a half years later.

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #35  
What series of Howse mowers does Northern Tool carry.. I was assuming light duty, but when you look at the pics on the websites it appears they are medium duty - due to the extra cross bracing..

thanks

Brian

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #36  
I just tbought a new Howse 5' Med Hvy Cutter on Friday. It is a new model they arent even on the website yet. They are very nice, instead of the sheet metal just turning down the sides of the mower, the sides are now made out of C-channel. I live about 10 miles from the factory where Howse is made and their dist. is less than 2 miles. But i can tell you this the factory prices are alot higher than the dist/dealer prices.

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #37  
thatguy said:
What series of Howse mowers does Northern Tool carry.. I was assuming light duty, but when you look at the pics on the websites it appears they are medium duty - due to the extra cross bracing..

thanks

Brian

They are medium duty. I bought the 48" one and it was delivered today. I assumed it was going to be the economy one since it was so cheap from Northern Tool compared to the manufacturers site. I was pleasantly surprised to see the model # MD48 on it! :D

Unfortunately, there was no manual with it. So I got a diagram off their site and eyeballed it as far as assembling it. I think the only other thing I need to do it fill up the gear box and I should be good to go. Oh, and check the PTO shaft that came with it to make sure it is the right length.

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #38  
You should be able to get a manual from the dealer.. or at very least from Howse themselves..

Soundguy

/ Howse Rotary Cutters....POS? #39  
Soundguy said:
You should be able to get a manual from the dealer.. or at very least from Howse themselves..

Soundguy

Better get it from a dealer. Howse is not known for it's prompt, courteous service. I've called and e-mailed in the past with no response either time. Seems they would have manuals online, but nope. They're about $7 from Howse I believe.