Tiller Howse RTC70 Tiller?

/ Howse RTC70 Tiller? #1  

Glenn9643

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF 1455v 4wd, 1040FEL
I have two local dealers that I prefer to deal with. One handles Bush-Hog brand and the other Howse rotary tillers. The Bush-Hog 72" tiller is chain drive, weighs about 726 lbs. The Howse 70" tiller is all gear drive and weighs about 820 lbs. The price on the Howse is about $200 cheaper than the Bush-Hog price. I have absolutely no experience with the Howse brand, but have had no regrets from buying a Bush-Hog 286 rotary cutter and 72" box blade. Anyone with any good or bad comments on the Howse? I'm leaning that way because of the price, weight, and all-gear drive but haven't purchased yet. Thanks.

/ Howse RTC70 Tiller? #2  
Well, I haven't used their tiller, but I have a Howse brush mower, economy model, but it works great and their prices are reasonable. I suspect the Howse will last just as long as the Bush Hog, and parts are not hard to come by. For the $200, I'd go with the Howse as I just don't think there is that much difference. That tractor is about, what, 55 HP? Should really turn up some dirt with either one. John