Hoye Power Steering

/ Hoye Power Steering #11  
Would never have guessed they would "hydro lock" ,

No, it is not locked. Those small cylinders like that are just really tight fitting and I just have not had a lot of time to go mess with it. We did get it to move out some by clamping one end in a vise and standing on the other end but the phones started ringing again and we are short handed this week. You would think "oh just pull the rod out and measure"... not so much :) . We can (and will) get it out & measured. Just not the 5 minute project I anticipated.

if it doesn't have the motion at my end, that would be a problem too...

You would have your tractor hydraulics to move it though.

How much is a bare cylinder Aaron?

I dont like to post actual prices here since thy always change but the link is below. I don't have a whole lot left. It was just a one time buy.

Yanmar Tractor Parts: POWER STEERING DIY CYLINDER ASSEMBLY - NEW!

/ Hoye Power Steering #12  
No, it is not locked. Those small cylinders like that are just really tight fitting and I just have not had a lot of time to go mess with it. We did get it to move out some by clamping one end in a vise and standing on the other end but the phones started ringing again and we are short handed this week. You would think "oh just pull the rod out and measure"... not so much :) . We can (and will) get it out & measured. Just not the 5 minute project I anticipated.

You would have your tractor hydraulics to move it though.

I dont like to post actual prices here since thy always change but the link is below. I don't have a whole lot left. It was just a one time buy.

Yanmar Tractor Parts: POWER STEERING DIY CYLINDER ASSEMBLY - NEW!

If the stroke came up short, I could make those long swinging turns, just like now, only with much less effort ;-)

/ Hoye Power Steering
Resurrecting this thread again. Still thinking about this and it might be a good project over the winter - although working in a freezing garage is not my idea of fun.

Hoye - any chance you have any customers who have installed this on a 2020 that would be willing to share some pictures or their experience on how the install went? I have the V2 loader and since this is a custom part, I don't want to end up with an very expensive pile of parts that I can't get to fit.

/ Hoye Power Steering #14  
I put one on a 2020 two wheel drive that has bush hog loader. Maybe in the next day or two I'll get a chance to post some pictures.

/ Hoye Power Steering #15  
Eddie, How u been ? Haven't seen you here is a while. How are things up north ?

/ Hoye Power Steering #16  
Hello Ken,
Health has not been great. The old ticker can't seem to stay in rhythm.
It's cold up north right now, should get better by the weekend but then we are expecting severe weather.
Haven't done much in the last few months with the yanmar so I haven't been around site much.

Hey Scotty,
Haven't forgot the pictures, been very busy with Dr. appointments. Will get them for you.

/ Hoye Power Steering #17  
I hate to hear you have had some health problems. I guess it comes as we get older. I'm 55 and have been lucky thus far. No major issues. When I don't see folks around for a while, it gets me to wondering if all is ok. It's good to see you around and, I hope your health problems improve ..I'll let you get on with Scotty's issues/questions

/ Hoye Power Steering #18  
Hoye - any chance you have any customers who have installed this on a 2020 that would be willing to share some pictures or their experience on how the install went? I have the V2 loader and since this is a custom part, I don't want to end up with an very expensive pile of parts that I can't get to fit.

Sorry for the late reply to this. Unfortunately, we sold our last cylinder earlier this week and will not be able to get more in the foreseeable future. We can still get just the cylinder that comes in the kit but it is quite a bit more expensive.

/ Hoye Power Steering
Sorry for the late reply to this. Unfortunately, we sold our last cylinder earlier this week and will not be able to get more in the foreseeable future. We can still get just the cylinder that comes in the kit but it is quite a bit more expensive.

Just my luck - Aaron - is there anyway you can share the cylinder part number so I can try to hunt it down and purchase it separately ????? My shoulder is Killing me!

/ Hoye Power Steering #20  
I would be happy to share any info I had but they didn't have any part number or anything like that... from what i can remember. Just a made in turkey sticker or India or something I think. I believe they are custom built for the kit.

Ive seen some generic ps cylinders with integrated valves on ebay. Something there might work.