HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless?

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #21  
I have a Dell laser printer/scanner which I bought several years ago. It's always been a PITA, I often have to feed each sheet individually. I liked the scanner function though, and that it will print on Rite-in the Rain paper, which an inkjet won't do. However, when I got a Windows 10 machine I lost a lot of the scanner functions, including the ability to do more than one page at a time. I refuse to buy a new printer just because the OS doesn't support it, but it sure can be a pain to only be able to scan one item per file.

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #22  
I gave up on ink jet printers all together decades ago and went with Brother laser printers. Toner cartridges last a lot longer than ink cartridges. It does kind of restrict you to B&W printing, but if you can live with that, they are a lot cheaper and more reliable to operate.
Same here. I print very little, and what I do print is mostly documents. Can't think of the last time I needed/wanted to print anything in color. I'm not sure there's such a thing as a B&W inkjet, and most inkjet printers I've used get very angry if one color is low/out. Laser printers seem to be a little more robust too.
My only issue with HP printers has been that they may or may not provide updated drivers for newer OS's. Had to toss a perfectly good laserjet because they didn't make drivers for any OS newer than Windows XP (and those did not work on 7).
Couldn't give me another Epson. Total POC in my opinion.

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #23  
We used to just shake the toner cartridge and put it back in. Did that several times per cartridge. Worked great. Just be careful or you’ll end up looking like a chimney sweep! ;)
I have an HP3050 AIO laser printer that I've had for a long time, maybr 15 years or so. When I had the trucking business, I printed a lot of invoices, checks and reports with it. The HP12A toner cartridges kept getting more expensive, over $70 so I tried a couple different brands of replacements and found one on Amazon that was less than half the price and gave the same quality of output.
A while back I saw the same model for sale on Craigslist for $50. Called the seller, she said she was moving and would no longer need it, and that it was rarely used, so I bought it. Printed out the usage report and it had printed less than 2,000 pages. So now, if my old unit goes tango uniform, I have a spare.
Gave up on inkjet printers years ago, but if I really needed one, I would give an Eco-tank printer a try.

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #24  
We will stick with HP printers, even though there are cheaper options available. I have had cartridges dry up but that was usually the result of inactivity from having too many printers in operation. I have used HP printers for as long as I have had a computer. I bought my first computer in 1986, a Tandy 1000SX with dual 5.25" floppy drives and a 10 MB hard card (hard drive), along with a HP 2603A wide carriage daisy wheel printer. I graduated to the HP LaserJet IIP when it came out in 1989. I have had 2 go bad in all these years, both were 2605 duplex color lasers that were worked to death printing student handouts. The rest we used until they were obsolete, drivers were not available for the latest Windows OS upgrades and generic drivers just didn't cut it. We currently have a new M255 color laser, a M1530 all in one B&W laser, and a DesignJet T210 24" large format inkjet for printing stained glass patterns. We are looking at buying a HP DesignJet 44" large format printer next as my wife is doing large projects now, such as 3'X4' windows.

2603A specs HP Computer Museum

IIP specs HP Computer Museum

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #25  
I too went with a Brother BW laser jet printer after retiring and no longer had use of the color laser printers at work. I don't miss having color and after several years it finally said my toner is low yet still prints fine but I have a new toner cartridge on hot standby.

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless? #26  
Went with a brother printer and purchased the refillable aftermarket cartridges. When the printer detects low ink I pop it out give it a squirt or two of ink from a bottle then place it back. Been using this system for a few years. Really cheap.

/ HP Ink Jet Printer Ink expires and useless?
I ordered generic at a quarter of the price for the first time. Arrived ahead of schedule and so far OK

One thing I noticed is many HP offers for discounted OEM cartridges…

Now I get the offers after I bought???