HP rating for the Kioti tractor

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #11  
Here's another usless random thought.......

What kind a horse are we talking about? And for each task should the horse breed be the same or different? For speed I want a quick Thoroughbred, for lifting and pulling I want the torque of a Clydesdale, for haying I want a easy comfortable gaited Tennessee Walker, for working on a slope I want a sure footed Mule(I know..not a true Horse...but close enough). And the list goes on and on for our arbitrary "horse power":laughing:

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #12  
Here's another usless random thought.......

What kind a horse are we talking about? And for each task should the horse breed be the same or different? For speed I want a quick Thoroughbred, for lifting and pulling I want the torque of a Clydesdale, for haying I want a easy comfortable gaited Tennessee Walker, for working on a slope I want a sure footed Mule(I know..not a true Horse...but close enough). And the list goes on and on for our arbitrary "horse power":laughing:

Na combine them all into one (or 2) ... Norwegian Fjord

heres my team... 2 HP my A**

Attachments

• manure 3 smal.jpg
    manure 3 smal.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 209
  • PB241011.JPG
    PB241011.JPG
    683.2 KB · Views: 267
   / HP rating for the Kioti tractor #13  
Now that's what I'm talkn about!

I can't wait to get my Clydes trained to pull.......time there ain't enough of it lately;)

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #14  
Na combine them all into one (or 2) ... Norwegian Fjord

heres my team... 2 HP my A**

Well THERE'S pictures I can't show grammie, she already drags me to every horse pull within drivin' distance now. Last week she took me on a weird route to go to the feed store to show me a pair of Morgans ( I think) she had seen. She mentioned how nice an addition they would be....:p

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #15  
Now that's what I'm talkn about!

I can't wait to get my Clydes trained to pull.......time there ain't enough of it lately;)

it takes alot of work thats for sure. the wife and i do competitive driving (CDE) plus general sleigh and carriage driving.

The wife and I made the cover of horse previews magazine also...was kinda nice... cept it was her turn to drive that day

Attachments

• sleigh 7.jpg
    sleigh 7.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 244
  • sleigh 3.jpg
    sleigh 3.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 184
  • _PRO2339.jpg
    _PRO2339.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_1184.jpg
    100_1184.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 182
  • magazine pic.jpg
    magazine pic.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7948.jpg
    IMG_7948.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 223
   / HP rating for the Kioti tractor #16  
it takes alot of work thats for sure. the wife and i do competitive driving (CDE) plus general sleigh and carriage driving.

The wife and I made the cover of horse previews magazine also...was kinda nice... cept it was her turn to drive that day

Grammie and I have gone to events where they run very elegant carriages, with the riders in formal wear through what looks like a slolum course. I know they time them and give them penalty points for hitting the cones, but what you are doing seems quite different. What is the difference and do they have competetions like that in the South that you are aware of? Looks like it would be fun to go watch.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #17  
Grammie and I have gone to events where they run very elegant carriages, with the riders in formal wear through what looks like a slolum course. I know they time them and give them penalty points for hitting the cones, but what you are doing seems quite different. What is the difference and do they have competetions like that in the South that you are aware of? Looks like it would be fun to go watch.

in the formal combined driving events you get all dolled up for the dressage and cones part of the course, but you can wear grubby old stuff for the fun parts (ie the marathon section) of the course.

We participate in other kinds of driving events here in the Pacific NW that arnt run as formal as the true CDE events. We also do the formal ones, but its actually alot of work to get the team , the harness and us all cleaned up and shiny. here is a pic of the wife in a dressage test, but you can see we cant compare to the big boys. What i personally like to drive most is thru cones course and thru trees. I also compete in team barrel racing and team pole bending events.

Here are 2 pics like the kinds of events that your referring to (this one was in Kentucky last year). Mind you their rigs and horses cost in the range of $250,000.00 - 500,000

Attachments

• _MG_5279.jpg
    _MG_5279.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 200
  • boyd excell.jpg
    boyd excell.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 201
  • tucker johnson 1.jpg
    tucker johnson 1.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 232
   / HP rating for the Kioti tractor #18  
boomer613 said:
I was talking to my neighbor this past weekend who owns a JD 3203. He does not believe in John Deere's claim of the tractor being rated at 32 HP. He believes it rates much closer to 25 HP. I am curious if you guys feel that your Kioti HP is right on the mark when it comes to its advertised HP - both for the engine and PTO.
Check if there's a test report from the Nebraska Tractor Test Lab for his tractor. http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/testreports.htm

As for a Kioti comparison, there's no Kioti reports but there is one for the Bobcat CT450 HST which is the same exact Daedong made tractor sold as the Kioti DK50 HST.
The tractor is rated at 49 HP and 38 PTO HP and the dyno shows 38.89 PTO HP at 540 PTO rpms. Impressive!
http://www.bobcat.com/utility_machines/tractors/ct450
http://tractortestlab.unl.edu/Misc-tests/Bobcat_ct450.pdf

Last edited:
   / HP rating for the Kioti tractor #19  
Well THERE'S pictures I can't show grammie, she already drags me to every horse pull within drivin' distance now. Last week she took me on a weird route to go to the feed store to show me a pair of Morgans ( I think) she had seen. She mentioned how nice an addition they would be....:p

Excellent all round horse, our Morgan is without question boss of the paddock, powerful and stout and trained in both english and western.

Kids have done well competing with him and our thoroughbred / Belgian cross.