Tractor Sizing HP required for 6' bushog

/ HP required for 6' bushog #21  
We have a Hardee 6' offset bush hog. It sticks out past the right side by about 18" which is great for getting up close to fences, along the edge of the woods, near ponds, etc. We used to have an old Hardee 5' offset bush hog that had two 3pt hitches on it, one in the center and one offset to the left. Now they are just available with right or left offset, they no longer have the one with two hitches.

I don't have any pics of ours but here is a pic off the web (not great, but you get the idea)

images

/ HP required for 6' bushog #22  
We have a Hardee 6' offset bush hog. It sticks out past the right side by about 18" which is great for getting up close to fences, along the edge of the woods, near ponds, etc. We used to have an old Hardee 5' offset bush hog that had two 3pt hitches on it, one in the center and one offset to the left. Now they are just available with right or left offset, they no longer have the one with two hitches.

I don't have any pics of ours but here is a pic off the web (not great, but you get the idea)

images

Aha! I thought I had seen something like that in the past.

This idea probably wouldn't offset enough to be effective, but I was thinking you could set the anti-sway braces on the 3 point hitch (mine are telescoping) to unequal lengths, and thus "swing" the implement sideways somewhat. You would have to re-level the height adjustment. So far, I have not used my 3 point hitch (backhoe on all the time), so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

/ HP required for 6' bushog #23  
I ran two different 6ft cutters behind my 3520. I rented a huge bush hog that had a 100 hp gear box and weighed a bunch, and that little compact handled it no problem. I bought a cheap 6 ft cutter for with a 40hp gear box and it had no problem handling that either. I really only mow tall weeds and grass with it, so I didn't need a heavy duty cutter. For the heavy stuff, I have a 15ft bat wing. Don't use the 3520 on that though.

I would not hesitate on a 6ft cutter. If all you are doing is mowing grass, thats easy and a small compact tractor can handle that.