HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400
I'm sure you know where all the filters are located and which filter does what, but these photos of the filters on my MX6000 might be helpful.

Engine oil filter - right side, near bottom and front of engine block.

oil_filter.jpg

Fuel filter - right side, under hood, towards top and front of engine block

fuel_filter.jpg

Hydraulic oil filter - right side, below HST pedal

hydraulic_filter.jpg

Transmission oil filter - left side, below brake pedals

trans_filter.jpg
Thanks for pics and Yep, i found all the filters, they are in about the same locations as my former L3901. I also went out yesterday and as hard as Kubota tried to hide the sight glass I found it :)!!! With help here and rereading owners manual I determined the location but had to get down close to eventually see it and it was right on as I expected it to be after buying close to 30 Kubotas from Barlows and they set them up right and leaking hyd fluid is fairly easy to spot. Have had lots of experience with leaking fittings and bust hoses.
Thanks again all for positive assistance from owners of the mentioned series Kubota tractor for answering the question I asked. So refreshing.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #12  
You can add John Deere hydraulic dye(MT3668) to any Kubota;makes seeing the fluid a lot easier.Note;make sure you tell your dealer if they service!

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #14  
Oh no, won't Mr. K deny warranty eh! I mean it's JD product.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #15  
My MX5400 is just about at 50 hours also.
I think I am taking mine in for the first service instead of doing it myself.
I will do the next service myself. They want $150 to pick the tractor up, but the salesman who sold me the tractor told me he would come pick it up for nothing. I have an 18ft trailer and think I will just take it in myself.
Do they change the hyd fluid on the 50 hour service?

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #16  
For my 50 hour service they did it at my house. It was good to review some stuff with the guy doing the service, for example there were a couple of zerks to grease that I didn't know about and don't remember being in the manual.

My MX5400 is just about at 50 hours also.
I think I am taking mine in for the first service instead of doing it myself.
I will do the next service myself. They want $150 to pick the tractor up, but the salesman who sold me the tractor told me he would come pick it up for nothing. I have an 18ft trailer and think I will just take it in myself.
Do they change the hyd fluid on the 50 hour service?
I just did mine and would not be able to sleep if I had paid someone to do it. 2 hyd filters and one engine oil filter sticking out the sides of the tractor. Refill engine oil and HST fluid with a long funnel. 2 bolts on the bottom of engine to drain engine oil without jacking up the tractor, just slide under and remove the 2 bolts. Make sure the rubber ring stays on both HYD filters when installed, dropped mine and saw it in time. Most shops use newest least paid least knowledge employee to do routine services so to believe a master mechanic is going to screw off filters and replace and drain oil is not logical. I'm almost 74, to fat and stiff and have trouble getting up and down but still wouldn't pay anyone to do this service unless I was in a wheelchair and could still do all of it but drain the engine oil in a wheelchair.
Have bought some of the JD Dye so I can tell if hyd fluid is low or high, my first sightglass and deciding I don't like it as well as the dipstick that I can't hardly tell the level other than twisting and turning and feeling the fluid. Will install dye probably tomorrow after rain stops.
Also there is a post here of all the pictures/video showing where everything is located and to see how easy peasy it is. No, do not change hyd fluid at 50, only engine oil plus all filters other than fuel filter which looks like a black oil filter.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #18  
Thank goodness for the hydraulic dip stick on my M6040. I don't think I would have ever found the sight glass either. One could almost say - "that is well hidden".

Thank goodness for the hydraulic dip stick on my M6040. I don't think I would have ever found the sight glass either. One could almost say - "that is well hidden".
Knowing where the sight glass is I still have to look all around the general area where it is located to find it. That is going to end......I'm going to paint a colored circle around it!!!!

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #20  
it's harder to get to with a BH on for sure!