HST foot pedal

/ HST foot pedal #1  

Duces

Tractor
Kubota B7800
My forward/ reverse foot pedal does not completely return to neutral. Anyone else had this issue?

/ HST foot pedal #2  
Sounds like you have a spring broken or missing or something is just interfering with the linkages. Have you crawled under that side with the engine off and inspected the pedals and linkage? Tried lubricating things?

/ HST foot pedal #3  
The rocker pedal on my Kubota starting to get a bit finicky. I tap it and the key works but, yeah. Only 280 hrs
Suppose I ought to investigate and lubricate as well.

/ HST foot pedal #4  
I would review the parts diagram too. Look at Messick's diagram under "speed control". There are 2 diagrams that might help you. At quick glance I only saw one spring attached to the neutral arm but everything needs to move freely in order to let it work smoothly.

/ HST foot pedal #5  
The treddles on both my Kubota tractors get flaky this time of year. The cold weather stiffens the grease. Working the mechanism a few times with the engine off and adding more lube solves the problem.

/ HST foot pedal #6  
I too would look at some lube on any shaft that moves.

/ HST foot pedal
It has lube. Does the damper control the movement. pc 180 in the diagram

/ HST foot pedal #8  
Check the joints for build up debris...I use brake cleaner than good grease.

/ HST foot pedal #9  
I had that, looked underneath and found the dealership zip-tied the 3rd function hydraulic line to the reverse mechanism, and that affected both forward and reverse, unbelievable!

/ HST foot pedal #10  
I had a BX Kubota that had the same problem. It was a common issue. There was an adjustment on it that helped a little bit. I unhooked the dampener on mine and it helped a lot but made the reverse stop pretty sudden. When I took a hard look at the setup and thought there was a geometry problem with the return spring. It seemed to work fine if you were going fast and let off the pedal it was a problem when going slow or letting off very gradually.