HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy

/ HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy #21  
Vacuum trick here also. Ground down a piece of 3/4 pvc pipe to fit snug in the dip stick port. Lost very !little oil.

I do what the manual states and what the dealer says... IF anything does happen, then its LS's and the dealers problem. No arguments to be had.

/ HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy #22  
It really isn’t that hard to do without losing more than a quart or so of fluid. I did my 50hr service a couple of years back ( did not do the vacuum trick ) and measured less than a quart of fluid loss. Comes down to having everything staged so that there is very little time between the old filter coming off the last thread and the new filter going on.
I'm not sure if this the same for either tractors or if it even works. In the comments of one of the YouTube channels doing the 200hr service they mentioned using the oil plug to thread into the hydraulic port in place of the breather cap. This is for a Kioti. I'm not sure if that works or is the same for all tractors but that should essentially create a similar vacuum that a shopvac would wouldn't it?

/ HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy #23  
Did the quick swap method on the Kubota hydraulic filters. No vacuum. Lost about a quart on each filter. Just put new fluid back in per the sight level.

/ HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy #24  
I second, third, and fourth the shop vac trick. Lost maybe a quarter of a quart, plus I don't feel rushed, and paranoid about cross threading the filter. Had the wife control the shop vac, and I replaced the filter. Easy peasy

/ HST hydraulic filter and fluid change owner's manual inaccuracy #25  
I also used the vacuum trick and it worked very well for me. Asked my dealer about it before trying it, he said he normally doesn’t recommend that method anymore because some guy didn’t follow his instructions properly and ruined his wife’s vacuum cleaner doing it and the wife wasn’t happy.