HST linkage

/ HST linkage #1  

Bluesteel

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT 357HC
I was recently mowing then moving from one property to another and without warning heard a pop and the forward pedal went completely to the floor. Tractor stopped immediately. Crawled underneath to find one end of the hst linkage was broken off. I got a neighbor to pull me back to my building. Getting the linkage rod off was a pain. May be easier without a cab. Ordered part from dealer (actually ordered a spare) and had them drop shipped directly to me. Parts came very quickly. Linkage went on much easier than it came off. The end material appears to be a cast material with the adjustment rod being steel. As you can see in the pic the end broke right at the end of the threads. 2014 XR4046 with 1400+ hrs.

Attachments

• IMG_0869 (1).jpg
    IMG_0869 (1).jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 91
   / HST linkage #2  
On my XG it did not break but was loose on the rear pivot when I bought it (used). I did not like the free play and found that to be the problem. If you have the old one and figure out what the threads sizes are, rod end (Heim joint) are cheap and can be found all over. Summit racing carries a good selection for example. Normally run less than $10