HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #22  
Rob, I would highly suggest getting the WSM and testing your charge/forward/reverse pressures. Check out MattJ's post as he spells out the testing process very clearly.

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #23  
Problem is main fuel pump I am pretty sure! Mine had same symptoms at 353 hrs, replaced pump and fixed. Mine is doing same thing again at 733 hrs. The must have problems with these small mechanical diaphragm pumps. Hope this helps. Rex

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #24  
I wonder I the crap fuel we've got in this country is grenading the fuel pumps?

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #25  
I wonder I the crap fuel we've got in this country is grenading the fuel pumps?

What's the definition of "crap fuel" ? Crap gasoline I know all to well but other than the lowering of the sulfur content of Diesel I don't know what you mean by crap. When talking crap gasoline I'm referring to added ethanol.

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #26  
What's the definition of "crap fuel" ? Crap gasoline I know all to well but other than the lowering of the sulfur content of Diesel I don't know what you mean by crap. When talking crap gasoline I'm referring to added ethanol.

Biodiesel, water, algae, lower cetane, other aromatics added. All adds up to crap diesel and diesel is a lot easier to 'doctor' and get away with it. And yes North America is know world wide for it poor quality diesel.:(

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #27  
Biodiesel, water, algae, lower cetane, other aromatics added. All adds up to crap diesel and diesel is a lot easier to 'doctor' and get away with it. And yes North America is know world wide for it poor quality diesel.:(

Guess you have never been to Brazil or Egypt. We have to put 3 fuel filters on our Cat diesel engines to remove the particulates found in the fuel there. I would only say the EU (and maybe Japan) has better fuel than the US. Philip.

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #28  

We have a 500 gallon tank that we keep Off Road Diesel in and, knock on wood, we don't have problems with the diesel tractors and there are 4 of them from the L3940 up to the CaseIH 5140. The only fuel problem we've had recently, knock on wood again, is the fuel lines on the 5140 deteriated to the point that they being sucked flat but that tractor is almost 20 years old. Local independent mechanic replaced the rubber parts of the fuel lines and the problem was fixed.

OT: Now as for gas we have a 2009 X720 that's already been in the shop for fuel related problems, I was told by the mechanic that it was ethanol related. Friday I spent $72 filling up 3 five gallon and one 2.5 gallon cans with 93 octane Ethanol free gas. A station about 3 miles from here went Ethanol free but he's charging a .20-.30 gallon more for it but if fixes the problems with the X720 then we'll pay it. The only other gas machine, other than chainsaws ans trimmers we have is a Super H show tractor, so it sits way more than it's used. BTW: I tried my best to get my wife to buy the diesel X740 but she wouldn't do it, it's her operation so she makes the final decisions.

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #29  
When I was using a couple of plastic 5 gallon jugs to fill my equipment it became clear just how much junk is in the fuel. If you can see big stuff it makes you wonder how much small stuff is in there as well. Doesn't matter if it came from a pump at a station or from a dealer. Once there's just a little bit of diesel left in the jug you can look in and see the junk floating around.

Now I have an electric pump on a 55 gallon drum. When I bought the pump it included an inline filter. When I was using my Fillrite pump to drain 275 gallon tanks for friends I didn't install the filter but now that it stays on the drum in the garage it's a different story. if I happen to fill a 5 gallon jug I'll look inside to check to see how clean the fuel is. So far I haven't seen anything.

/ HST Power Loss on Kubota Grand L3940 HST+ #30  
To the OP;

Have you put a load on the engine (pto) load with the transmission in neutral to see if you still get a drop in rpm's? If you have access to a tiller, wood chipper this may help you rule out/in the bad fuel or an HST problem