HST reliability...

/ HST reliability... #11  
ZackaryMac,
Looks like there was a B1600. It is listed as a Gray Market tractor. There was also a T1600 which was a lawn tractor. Don't know if either were HST. Not that it really matters.....

/ HST reliability...
That being said, does this mean that the HST system in my tractor IS reliable? A quick search leads me to think so.

Either way, I'm really happy with my little 'Bota. When I win the lottery, there will be a new 4wd model added to the fleet (with all the goodies, of course!). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HST reliability... #13  
My Cub 7275 has over 2400 hours on it. As far as I know it has never been apart.

/ HST reliability... #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .
Someday us BX23 owners should get together, have a picnic and tractor racers /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Eric P.
)</font>

Or have a club.
A special heading on the board for BX23 owners would be nice also.

/ HST reliability... #15  
I am an owner of a Kubota T1600-HST lawn tractor, bought back in 1989 and I must say, I've only had ONE problem with it... Rusted out mowing decks. (However, 3 decks since 1989 is prolly not THAT bad) but it gets expensive. As far as the HydroStatic Transmission goes, not a moments trouble (yet). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For the price of a new mow deck, I was able to buy a Sears HST gasoline lawn tractor. Now the Kubota diesel (minus a belly mower) is used to pull a lawn sweeper.

I dare not get rid of it because I can go 4 times as far on a tank of diesel as opposed to my gas tractor.

However, I've just experienced a new problem with the Kubota, but I'll post that as a new thread in a minute.

/ HST reliability...
Nothing like dragging up an old post....

Funny thing is, I came across this post by chance, and all these years and 1000 hrs later, the old B6100 works great, the HST was/is never an issue. Even more funny, I just got a T1600 HST diesel witha bad engine. Found another engine from a reefer, threw it in, and hae mower for about 10 hours now, with no issues. I was worried the tansmission may have been a bad one, as many were, but (knock on wood) it works fine. I just have to fix up the really floppy, worn-out steering.

/ HST reliability... #17  
I also find the T1600 HST to be very reliable on the engine, transmission, and drive line. After owning the lawnmower since 1996 and using it to mow a lawn that seems to grow rocks I have found that the weak part of this system is the mower deck. Replacing bearing hub assemblies and the bearing that is located between the lower pulley (front of engine) and the short drive shaft to the mower deck seem to be the expense I have to repeat. Also I've taken the RC44LT mower deck off the tractor in the off season and welded cracks that have formed in it. Most recent major expense has been the short drive shaft between the mower deck and the lower bearing behind the two double belts in the front of the tractor. Lastly, and this is my point of interest, are there any "aftermarket" mower decks with enhanced mounting systems that can update this dependable small tractor? I had to fight the two turnbuckles this year to get them to work, and it just seems like the whole connection of the deck to the tractor is showing some wear.

/ HST reliability...
I like to drag old posts from the basement.

The B6100 has almost 3000 hrs on it now, but doesn't see as much use as it used to, as I use a Case 1818 with a snowblower to deal with the long driveway, the wife claims the T1600 as hers, and so likes to mow a big chunk of our big lawn, so I don't get to use the B6100 much, other than for some mowing, and putting in firewood during the fall. The T1600 must have had a lot of hours on it before I got it, judging by the wear on all the deck hangers and steering. I was told it was used for mowing cemeteries and some lawns - lots to steer around, and hit. The steering has been repaired, so it's decent to drive. I find the B6100 way more comfortable than the T1600, so she can have it. Of course, as she wants to mow the lawn, I make sure it works properly all the time ;) . I wouldn't want her to miss that opportunity. Happy wife happy life you know.