HST slipping on B7610

/ HST slipping on B7610 #1  

Skidmark25

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610
I have 38 hours on my B7610HST and have noticed the HST grabbing a little harshly especially at low RPMs 1800 or so and when I don't have the peadal pushed in all the way. I'm under no assumption that it should drive like a Cadillac but it is a safety issue. Usually when I am trying to go slow and steer around an obsticle then the HST will grab and push forward unexpectedly.

Also when I go up a hill at less than 2000 RPMs and the motor starts laboring it feels like a governor kicks in. Usually this happens with a load in the FEL, today I had the bucket filled with wood and was slowly going up a hill and I felt a surge and a couple of logs fell out. The RPM's didn't go up but it felt like the HST was slipping a bit then grabbed.

Maybe the 50 hr. service will tame the grab a bit?

Also have read posts complaining about HST whine and hoping the 50 hr. will quiet down.

/ HST slipping on B7610 #2  
The HST whine is probably normal and will probably always be there. The grabbing or surging should not be normal and can probably be fixed.

/ HST slipping on B7610 #3  
Perhaps increase your RPM's. Give's you more fluid movment and makes it easier for the hydro to function smoothly.

Egon

/ HST slipping on B7610 #4  
It sounds to me like you have the transmission selector in high range when this happens. Try a lower range and it should smooth out. Mine will jerk a lot in high range at low speeds, especially on a grade. Shifting to medium or low range will smooth it out, and you won't lug the engine.

I have about 750 hours on my B2910, and it still whines just like it did the day I got it. When it stops whining, that's the time to start worrying. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ HST slipping on B7610 #5  
My son and I were moving a heavy load a couple of weeks ago. When moving forward in low range there would be a jerk in forward movement. Turns out my son had not fully released the brake. Make sure your brakes are not partially applied.

/ HST slipping on B7610 #6  
I noticed the same thing at approx the same hrs, in high range with a full FEL. As mentioned, increasing rpm or keeping rpm same in low range helped minimize it. To save fuel, I usually resort to lower rpm's while working the range lever like a shuttle shift. Low to scoop and get moving, shift to high to move load. This also seemed to keep the hydro whine to a minimum. At one point, it was so annoyingly loud I was even wondering if I had made a mistake going hydro (last tractor was trouble-free gear). Then I took it in for the 50 hr service and got back a whole new tractor... no jerkiness and hardly any whine. All is good again.