HST vs shuttle

/ HST vs shuttle #231  
After fighting with them for 3 month I finally told them to either buy it back or the next person they talked to wouldn't be me and within 2 hours of that phone call they decided to buy the tractor back because they couldn't find the problem.

Wow what a dumbas business move. They should have given you the brand new 6065 they had on the lot (if they really had one). So now the've constructed the situation of 1. an unhappy customer 2. uncertainty and distrust of the very brand they are trying to sell and 3. a bad reputation of their dealership and product line. This is akin to stabbing oneself in the heart of their business and should have been avoided t all costs.

/ HST vs shuttle
Wow what a dumbas business move. They should have given you the brand new 6065 they had on the lot (if they really had one). So now the've constructed the situation of 1. an unhappy customer 2. uncertainty and distrust of the very brand they are trying to sell and 3. a bad reputation of their dealership and product line. This is akin to stabbing oneself in the heart of their business and should have been avoided t all costs.

You are so very correct. I have several friends and family in the market for a tractor and you can bet your last dollar that I will make sure I tell them to say as far away from Mahindra and that dealer as possible.

/ HST vs shuttle #233  

And all done in public on one of the largest tractor forums in the world. I just checked the header & TBN has over 300,000 members...
The only thing that bothers me is I wish we could have also heard from Mahindra for their side of the story.
rScotty

/ HST vs shuttle #234  
The only thing that bothers me is I wish we could have also heard from Mahindra for their side of the story.
rScotty

Agreed, but if they are buying the tractor back that kinda sums it up. I don't fault the manufacturer, everybody makes mistakes not everything can be perfect, but it appears the dealer really dropped the ball here.

/ HST vs shuttle #235  
And all done in public on one of the largest tractor forums in the world. I just checked the header & TBN has over 300,000 members...
rScotty
That is why TBN has a rule against naming the dealer in such situations, you only get one side of the story and even with that, dealers have found a thread on here in the past and made them working on the tractor contingent on inflammatory statements by the tractor owner on here being taken down.

Aaron Z

/ HST vs shuttle #236  
That is why TBN has a rule against naming the dealer in such situations, you only get one side of the story and even with that, dealers have found a thread on here in the past and made them working on the tractor contingent on inflammatory statements by the tractor owner on here being taken down.
Aaron Z

Is there also a rule against naming the make and model of the tractor being discussed? In this case it is Mahindra. I would think that Mahindra has far more to lose than any dealer does, and am surprised that they don't enter into these discussions. They are missing a great opportunity.
rScotty

/ HST vs shuttle #237  
Is there also a rule against naming the make and model of the tractor being discussed? In this case it is Mahindra. I would think that Mahindra has far more to lose than any dealer does, and am surprised that they don't enter into these discussions. They are missing a great opportunity.
rScotty
No, just the dealer.

Aaron Z

/ HST vs shuttle #238  
That is why TBN has a rule against naming the dealer in such situations, you only get one side of the story

Are these rules posted somewhere?

/ HST vs shuttle #239  
   / HST vs shuttle #240  
Agreed, but if they are buying the tractor back that kinda sums it up. I don't fault the manufacturer, everybody makes mistakes not everything can be perfect, but it appears the dealer really dropped the ball here.

Did the dealer drop the ball or the manufacturer? It seems to me like there is enough blame for both here, but that most of the responsibility for building it right in the first place or in fixing a mistake ultimately lies more with the manufacturer than the dealer.
When I hear stories like this it is the brand name that suffers the most in my mind.

Frankly I'll probably forget the name of the guy who got shafted, and I'd be unlikely to remember the name of the dealer involved. But I'll certainly remember the brand of tractor involved.

The dealer is a convenient fall guy, but I wonder if he is just caught in the middle without any power to change anything? If I were to condemn dealers, it would be for their general lack to technical ability. That is something under their control that they could easily change.
rScotty