Huge green snake with black stripes

/ Huge green snake with black stripes
Herd, might be a yellow rat snake ,google E. obsoleta quadrivittata. I have the black rat snake around my parts and the big ones get over 6' long.although non poisonous I been bite a few times from them. russ
tks russ, I'll check that out. BTW, I take if from your user name, that you were Special Forces? Were you in Nam?

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #12  
Tell me again why you want to get rid of it.

Dave,

I'll take a crack at answering that. BECAUSE IT'D FREAK YOU OUT!!!

I used to work HVAC in high school and hate crawl spaces. Typical situation in this case, after you hollered out your best curse, hit your head on a joist and scrambled the heck out of there backwards, you'd stand up in the daylight panting and realize you left your drill right next to the snake.

Sorry Herd, you're gonna have to move.

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #13  
Bull snake or a big garter snake. Bull snakes can get huge. I've seen garter snakes in the 4' range.

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #16  
HERD,yes and yes.I 'met' you in some other forum.173abn, N.English 69-70. the new lawn and garden site my username is 173abn.I was with SF at Bragg for a couple of yrs. Theres also a cross called a greenish rat snake Intergrade: obsoleta x quadrivittata, a cross of the black and yellow rat snake. I saw a few of the vipers and cobras in Nam,nasty little guys. russ

/ Huge green snake with black stripes
Well, saw the local game warden at church this morning and he said that it is a king snake.

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #18  
I always thought King snakes were brightly colored. Maybe I'm wrong.
But my guess on the green snake with black stripes is a big garter snake. I have seen garter snakes about a foot long crawl under my house. Given enough time and enough tasty mice and other critters, and I suspect it could grow to 4 feet. I personally would not kill it though. It most likely has done much more good than harm.

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #19  
Had this one under my grill last year-- Biggest garder Ive seen
IMG_0966.jpg

/ Huge green snake with black stripes #20  
Well, saw the local game warden at church this morning and he said that it is a king snake.

King snakes are not green, they are black with thin light yellow stripes around the body. You can check it on the website rekees4300 posted above.