Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick.

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #1  

Reg

Elite Member
After a dozen or so years the rubber boot around the joy stick handle has split and generally dried out.
This is the square base bellows type one.

My local guy said he doesn't have and can't get them.
Anyone know a source ?

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #2  
Good afternoon All! I too have a ned for a new joystick boot does anyone have any information on Humpolec parts?

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick.
Since posting this I discovered that Valenti tractor in Troy N.H. is out of business.
Closed down, gone, although there is still a back to front fork lift Branson in the yard, plus a lot of other junk.

For my own joy stick boot - I have been making do with a plastic bag, that won't make it through the winter.
I have cleaned up the splits in the original boot and glued them together, they seem to be holding.
Plan next is to try and "paint" it with rubber cement, initially on the outside and if that makes it strong enough to do so I will turn it inside out and do the other side.

I did look for some generic joystick boots, e.g. at Surplus supply, but nothing seemed close enough.
Hard to believe there isn't a Caterpillar, Case, JD, or whatever else that would fit.

Another search turned up this;
New OEM KIOTI 361-:ROFLMAO: Loader Joystick Valve Handle Cover Boot 3SOF24111 | eBay

It looks very similar, most seem to be rectangular but this looks as if it is square - of course it could be too small.

Last edited:
   / Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #4  
Since posting this I discovered that Valenti tractor in Troy N.H. is out of business.
Closed down, gone, although there is still a back to front fork lift Branson in the yard, plus a lot of other junk.

For my own joy stick boot - I have been making do with a plastic bag, that won't make it through the winter.
I have cleaned up the splits in the original boot and glued them together, they seem to be holding.
Plan next is to try and "paint" it with rubber cement, initially on the outside and if that makes it strong enough to do so I will turn it inside out and do the other side.

I did look for some generic joystick boots, e.g. at Surplus supply, but nothing seemed close enough.
Hard to believe there isn't a Caterpillar, Case, JD, or whatever else that would fit.

Another search turned up this;
New OEM KIOTI 36��1-�18� Loader Joystick Valve Handle Cover Boot 3SOF2�4111 | eBay

It looks very similar, most seem to be rectangular but this looks as if it is square - of course it could be too small.

Half descent repairs to flexible rubber parts can be done with rubber cement as you mention, of contact cement sticks well also. I have had some good results reinforcing the painted patch with woven fabric embedded in the wet cement. Thin polyester is a good choice. Using several little strips avoids fighting to make things lay down.

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #5  
maybe you could find a gear shift boot that would fit? they come in many sizes and shapes...

I doubt that auto gear shift boots would hold up to weather, the ones I've seen have been faux leather (or cheap "real" leather) and typically made to fit to an approximately flat floor.
This needs to fit over a square raised box (with rounded corners).
I will probably start carrying the old boot around with me and drop by the parts counters of large equipment places to see if they can match it up.

ONE place I will try is a KIOTI dealer to see how close the one I found on line would fit.

Yesterday I was in the local Harbor Freight store.
Almost by accident (or fate) I stumbled across the bottles of "liquid tape"
4 Fl. Oz. Liquid Electrical Tape

I had a LOT of time on my hands and I had the old boot with me, so I painted it with this thin rubbery stuff and set it (on a sales flyer) on the car floor.
It was there for a couple of hours while I drove, then I coated it again, more driving with short stops over the next hour or so - the heater was ON.
Then I fitted it to the tractor and worked for about 3 hours, so far it seems to be holding well.

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #8  
I doubt that auto gear shift boots would hold up to weather, the ones I've seen have been faux leather (or cheap "real" leather) and typically made to fit to an approximately flat floor.
This needs to fit over a square raised box (with rounded corners).
I will probably start carrying the old boot around with me and drop by the parts counters of large equipment places to see if they can match it up.

ONE place I will try is a KIOTI dealer to see how close the one I found on line would fit.

There are plenty of tractors and other outdoor equipment with gear shifts and rubber boots, I agree an automotive boot probably wouldn't last too long.

I agree, PLENTY of them and they all seem to be different, very different.

Very few are square, rectangular yes, but not square.
Very few have the shaft hole centered in the rectangle, most are toward the front or rear.
Again, the KIOTI one that I posted on earlier seems closest, but for now it is "glued up" back on the tractor and in use - hopefully through this winter.

/ Humpolec loader parts - Joy stick. #10  
I agree, PLENTY of them and they all seem to be different, very different.

Very few are square, rectangular yes, but not square.
Very few have the shaft hole centered in the rectangle, most are toward the front or rear.
Again, the KIOTI one that I posted on earlier seems closest, but for now it is "glued up" back on the tractor and in use - hopefully through this winter.

Well I hope the glued up one works good for you.
I can see that you where looking for a square one but What size?
The one on my 8050 is square about 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" about 7 inches tall.
boot 1.jpg boot 2.jpg boot 3.jpg