Huskee mower keeps going & going & going.....

/ Huskee mower keeps going & going & going..... #1  

howie70

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I have a Huskee 24HP, 50 cut that is probably about 10-12 years old that was given to me by my FIL. Has 250 hours on it. He replaced the drive belt and said it never ran right afterwards. Sid it would go forward while in reverse and go backwards when in forward. It had sit for the last 5 years. I took it home, put fresh gas, oil, plugs & filters and adjusted the valves and she started up with a puff of smoke. The smoke cleared and the engine ran fine. Actually it has a small miss, but that isn稚 my issue.
The issue is the drive belt. It ran in the direction it was supposed to, but it would not disengage. The mower would keep going when you lifted your foot off the pedal. The brake would not stop it. The brake would lock the wheels up in neutral, but not stop it once in gear. I adjusted the linkage on the pulleys like the owners manual stated and had it working, then the drive belt shredded apart. I got another belt and installed it. Now I have the same issue again. The belt is so loose when not engaged you would think it would fall off. Once you press the pedal down and let off the belt just keeps turning, which keeps the mower moving. I got the exact belt that the manual called for and I have adjusted the linkage like the manual calls for. Any ideas on what else could be causing this?

/ Huskee mower keeps going & going & going.....
135 views and not one suggestion. Wow, I have stumped the forum.

/ Huskee mower keeps going & going & going..... #3  
I looked, but no suggestions, can you post pictures? That may help.