Husky 350 stripped threads in head

/ Husky 350 stripped threads in head #11  
I have the same problem. Can you tell me what size helicoil you used and where you got it.
Thank You Very Much in advance.

/ Husky 350 stripped threads in head #12  
I have a Husqvarna 350. One of the bolts that hold the muffler on came loose and vibrated until the threads stripped in one of the holes. I think my only option is to tap the hole to a larger size.

I believe the original bolts were 10-32. I am wondering if I should go to 12-24 or 1/4-28. What size drill should I use to enlarge the hole before I tap it? Do I need to use helicoil?

Naturally I am concerned about damaging the the head or breaking a tap. Has anyone done this? I inquired at a Husqvarna dealer today and they have never done this before and could not supply me with larger bolts.

Does any one have a solution to keep bolts and screws from vibrating loose?

I stripped 1 of my 350's bolts and retapped it larger but i don't remember what size it was

you can also add a muffler bracket to (help) stabilize the 350's muffler

The chainsaw guy shop talk Repair Husqvarna 350 chainsaw muffler 11 4 - YouTube

uses an additional bolt from the falling spike and the same basic bracket is available on ebay for under $6

hope this helps

/ Husky 350 stripped threads in head #13  
Doesn't help at this point. The threads are stripped in the jug. Thanks the bracket may have worked. I silver soldered the bolt heads to the muffler and instead of just coming out it wallowed the hole out.

/ Husky 350 stripped threads in head #14  
Doesn't help at this point. The threads are stripped in the jug. Thanks the bracket may have worked. I silver soldered the bolt heads to the muffler and instead of just coming out it wallowed the hole out.

Well i could pull the bolt out of mine and measure the thread...

As i said- I did re-tap the aluminum Jug bolt boss larger, so I Know it can be done

and the bracket should work with a larger bolt (s) with little or no modification also