Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362
Went to my dealer today, he called up the regional rep and he was shock about the performance of the 362 vs 357xp. He said that the the ms362 was way better than the 357, a that my comeback was his first negative one:confused3:. Anyhow i'll give the saw some time, even though the dealer said to bring it back at no charge. I also agree that the 357 was one of husky's best saws, i've had 3 and loved them, but don't really like the 562 replacing it. Had my share of trouble with my 575xpg and 570 autotune.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #12  
Went to my dealer today, he called up the regional rep and he was shock about the performance of the 362 vs 357xp. He said that the the ms362 was way better than the 357, a that my comeback was his first negative one:confused3:. Anyhow i'll give the saw some time, even though the dealer said to bring it back at no charge. I also agree that the 357 was one of husky's best saws, i've had 3 and loved them, but don't really like the 562 replacing it. Had my share of trouble with my 575xpg and 570 autotune.
The Stihl rep is Always goin to say the Stihl is way better than the competition. ;) I like the 357xp way better than the ms362! :D

The 562xp is not to be compared with the earlier 575 570 auto tune, it is a completely new design. Lots of trouble with those two early models. Husky learned a lot with the first generation auto tune and they really got it Right with the 562xp, 555 and 550xp.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362 #13  
Stihl dealer told me the same thing about my Stihl that I needed to run at least 10 tanks of fuel through it and then bring it back & they would retune it. Runs as well as my Husky now, but I can understand your disappointment with it right out of the box. If you don't have the patience to run it for 10 or so tanks - then, get a bigger saw - everyone needs an excuse for that...!

Also, make sure you're using the new Stihl mix oil - I have no idea what the difference is between the "old" style oil and the new oil - but the oil does make a difference. I changed to the new oil when I bought the new saw and that extended the warranty on the saw. I also noticed an improvement in starting and running in my smaller limbing saw and my Kombi system motor.

/ Husky 357xp VS Stihl MS362
I decided to keep the MS362, and if i really want more power i'll simply buy one more saw:D . Been hearing about muffler mods, what do you actually do to it? Will it remain a reliable saw once it's been cranked up a little:confused3: