Husqvarna 262XP Professional

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional
I picked up my bar today. Guess what, it doesn't fit the saw. The bar is the HT style which is the large mount. I'm scowed as for a bigger than 24 inch bar. I do some searching to see what I can find on the ent. I did pick up a 24" for it and tried it out. The saw screams with the 24" bar.

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #22  
Hi Jim. Check with Bailey's, Madsens, or CCD (Commercial Cutters Direct or something close to that). They are all three very well known and good to deal with. They've got everything under the sun. Great prices on chain also.

Michael

Thanks Michael, I will do just that. Winsdor use to make a 28 inch bar for that saw. But I couldn't find one. They have been bought out by Oregon.

Bailey's had a 28 inch bar in stock made by Oregon. I ordered the bar and 2 skip tooth chains from them today. The cost was $93.50 delivered.

My 28" Oregon bar and chains arrived today. I will post a picture tomorrow hopefully of what I did with the saw.

Here's the 262XP with an Oregon 28 inch bar and skip toothed chain. I can honestly say that the saw can easily handle this setup and it does cut great. The bar and chains came from Baileys.

Attachments

• 830398-DSC00430.JPG
    830398-DSC00430.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 5,111
   / Husqvarna 262XP Professional #27  
Nice!

I have a 372XP with a 28" full chisel and it is an outstanding felling saw.

Also have a high speed 346 XP with 20" full chisel and a 350 too.

All of them have served me well.

/ Husqvarna 262XP Professional #28  
wow, big tree, jim. Nice looking blade on the saw tho..!

I won't have too many this big to cut. Most of them are 3-4 feet at the base. This one was a bit large. I hate to waste wood.

I do believe the way to go is with the Pro saws if you can afford them. Or if you can find a nice one used for a decent price.