Comparison Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #191  
The parts manual lists ...

1 – – – – – – Transaxle, Tufftorq K66ELD (580402201)(Order parts from transaxle manufacturer.)
Do you know what transmission is in the standard TS 348? I have a line on a one-year-old Barely Used TS 348 for $1,000 even. If it has the 66 Model transmission, I'm going to get a helicopter and fly straight to that guy's house and get that thing!

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #192  
Nevermind, it's the k 46cr. That likely will not live long at all on my property with the steep hills that I MO. I'm oh almost 3 acres of 16° slope and then it's trimmed with a 32 Degree slope. I mow the 32 Degree slope with a hydro torque G730 I think it is. It's an older Husqvarna Fast cut with 600 hours on it at this point.

My property eats hydrostatic transmissions for breakfast!

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #193  
Do you know what transmission is in the standard TS 348? I have a line on a one-year-old Barely Used TS 348 for $1,000 even. If it has the 66 Model transmission, I'm going to get a helicopter and fly straight to that guy's house and get that thing!
Rock, I would say he is a special kind of stupid to sell at that price or he is unloading for a reason...some things are not a good deal at any price.

Buddy of mine was from W Tx, he got word thru family that old man Jones had died and my Buddy went to the funeral. Jones was prob not much more than a nickel short of being a whole bunch from that cattle ranch with more oil and gas than cattle on it.

Several years later my Buddys dad called him after said after about 7 years of in fighting, court fights etc the dust had settled and they family was selling off all of his personal possesions. My buddy went for the guns, but ended up buying a Motorhome. It was a sweet rig, a Bluebird and prob cost about $150k+ in early '70's dollars. The old man ordered it in Dallas and it took about 8 mo to be delivered with its custom cattle and oil baron touches. It had enough miles to get it from Dallas to the ranch in Midland. There it sat for 7+ years out in the W Tx sun. The old man died before it ever got there.

My buddy called and said: Don, you never guess what I just bought for $3500 bucks.

Ole Wayne aired up the tires, checked the oil, and radiator and topped it off with fuel, installed a couple of new batteries and headed back to Dallas. The engine was running rough and got rougher, the tires well into dry rot all failed, trans blew all the seals and ran dry, the engine seized up as it was overheating and that was less than a 100 mi E of Midland. Nearest dealer was in Dallas where it came from.

When the dust settled I think he had dumped nearly $55k into it IIRC. The entire driveline was rebuilt and or replaced. ALL of the fabric and leather had to be replaced, along with the fridge. By then it was about 10 years old. When he got it back we made a trip down to Waco and back in one day in it. It was nice but its value at current market was only about $25k. Nice rig but so far out of date in looks and features he sold it for about $30k, bit over market, but it had less than a 1000 mi and was near new. He wished he had never bought it.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #194  
Should have been wise enough to cut his loses at $3500 and scrapped it.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #195  
Found a left over GT48DXLS today! Everyone in this area is sold out of even the TS348 XD. Was pleased to find the GT model. Picking up Monday after work!

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #196  
Found a left over GT48DXLS today! Everyone in this area is sold out of even the TS348 XD. Was pleased to find the GT model. Picking up Monday after work!
Husqvarna is shipping out the very first run of the TS354XD tractors with the Kawasaki engine and K66 locking transmission this past week. I'm being told that I can buy one some time this coming week for $3,499+ tax.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #197  
Husqvarna is shipping out the very first run of the TS354XD tractors with the Kawasaki engine and K66 locking transmission this past week. I'm being told that I can buy one some time this coming week for $3,499+ tax.

That price is getting up there though -- they are pushing the price up with configuration options, but it's the same fundamental platform you can get at lower price points from Lowes/Sears, which bothers me.

I heard that Husky was going to completely remake their GT series platform, but don't know when, or any details. The TS models are still on the old shared platform.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #198  
I'm assuming that your saying Husky and referring to Husqvarna? They are totally different brands/companies. I consider Husky to be total cheap trash.

The TS354XD is not like any other 2018 Husqvarna in that it is the Kawasaki 25 HP V-Twin, Tuff Torque K66 with electric differential lock, the upgrade seat, upgraded tires, fabricated clear cut deck and fast cut transmission... That last one confuses me because I thought that the fast cut was only with the Hydro Gear G730.

But it's worth the added few hundred dollars for that engine/transmission combo. And to move up a single step, you move to something like a $6,000 Cub Cadet XT3 GSX. Otherwise, the TS354XD is at the very top of the food chain at that price point and I'm not aware of any competition in the market place.

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #199  
I'm assuming that your dating Husky and referring to Husqvarna? They are totally different brands/companies. I consider Husky to be total cheap trash.

The TS354XD is not like any other 2018 Husqvarna in that it is the Kawasaki 25 HP V-Twin, Tuff Torque K66 with electric differential lock, the upgrade seat, upgraded tires, fabricated clear cut deck and fast cut transmission... That last one confuses me because I thought that the fast cut was only with the Hydro Gear G730.

But it's worth the added few hundred dollars for that engine/transmission combo. And to move up a single step, you move to something like a $6,000 Cub Cadet XT3 GSX. Otherwise, the TS354XD is at the very top of the food chain at that price point and I'm not aware of any competition in the market place.

I have been using Husqvarna chainsaws for over 30 years and in the logging industry around here they are known as Husky. Most of the loggers I know can't even spell or pronounce Husqvarna. Whatever other Chinese Husky/Huskee brands have come along since then won't change that. As far as I am concerned there is one original "Husky" and anyone who has been around outdoor power equipment long enough will know that and not confuse it.

Husqvarna only has 2-3 basic platforms that are used in the Husqvarna/Sears/Craftsman riding mowers and garden tractors (though I have no idea what Sears is selling these days). Configuration of the various models is a parts bin exercise of combining motors, transmissions, seats, decks, etc. The common platform on this $3499 model is shared with much lower priced models. To me that is starting to push it. If this better tractor had a unique platform and frame that would be one thing, but it's the same platform as the low end models that are setup to meet a price point at Lowes/Sears. That gives me pause. To make an analogy, I sure wouldn't pay big bucks for a Deere X series if it was just a more expensively equipped D/E series (which is what Deere sells at Lowes).

There is definitely a sweet spot for Husky based on pricing and value. I feel like we're out of the sweet spot at $3499.

Don't get me started on Cub. They used to make outstanding products, but in the last few years they have been a big disappointment.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #200  
I don't see the Cub Cadet XT3 GSX at over $6,000 to being a nearly double the price step over the Husqvarna TS354XD, that's for sure. And I think that this is where that $3499 price shines. Find another GT with similar engine/transmission/cut/deck within even $1,000 if that TS. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't exist. This is the King of the value GT. And the platform, the frame... On my 2011 that's the last thing I'm worried about. It's that Kohler Courage.