Comparison Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #21  
Pretty sure I can get more gravel in one scoop of a shovel then that Johny bucket.:thumbsup:
I had a Johnny bucket and spread 2 large dump trucks of topsoil around the base of my pool and back dragged it smooth. I never broke a sweat. Try that with a shovel.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #22  
Plowhog—you are getting way to sensitive- The lower end deere’s don’t have a power flow either, most low budget tractors dont take a power flow- and I’m quite sure a D130 could have done what you did today and it costs 2,200 with bagger. The D130 can handle a snow blower or Johnny bucket- something the husky cannot- so I guess that’s a better value. Here is video of John Deere L120 ( costs about 1500) please note you husky’s frame is not strong enough to mount a Johnny bucket. ( so I guess the 1500 john Deere is better than your 3500 husky eh? )
Johnny Bucket - YouTube

Still no specs for us just here say.

Last edited:
   / Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #23  
Just for you broke farmer- I will compare the husky $3,000 GT48DXLS to a $2,300 John Deere D160
Both units feature strong engines the JD has a 25 HP engine while the Husky has a 24HP unit, both come with 48 inch decks. The mower deck on the D160 is 12 g steel while the husky has 11 gauges steel. The D160 is a bit wider (49.9 to 49inch) the Husqvarna comes with 23 inch back wheels to 22 inch on Deere. Like most entry level tractors both feature low cost entry level tires. Both units also share another feature common on low budget tractors they feature wheel bushings instead of wheel bearings that more expensive heavy duty tractors feature. The headlights in JD are sealed and tend to last longer than Husky which tends to fog up quickly. The frame on the John Deere is full length welded steel. Husky is a poorer quality as frame is known to bend or actually break when mounting a Johnny Bucket or even a snow blower. Husky has issue with frame breaking where transaxle bolts in. This particular husky features a K66 tranny vs K46 in John Deere- although you cannot really take advantage of K66 since frame strength and thin steel on hitch plate is such an issue. The John Deere D series comes with a proven steering mechanism, and while the husky is known for steering problems, like most low budget tractors both units can add baggers that do not require a more capable and yes more expensive powerflow unit. Overall more OEM accessories and implements available for the JD. Although most accessories can be found by 3rd party sources for the Husqvarna as long as you do not overburden the frame. The John Deere (bumper to bumper) has far superior warranty and unlike Husky the warranty is actually transferable.

Bottom line here, while its impossible to say one is better than the other, for entry level tractors both have their own strengths. What we can say is for the extra 800 bucks the Husqvarna gives you a stronger transaxle and a 24HP Kawasaki FR engine compared to Briggs 25HP in JD. If you are looking for a low end budget tractor and have hills the Husqvarna GT48dxls could be a good choice. If you are dealing with a flat piece of property the stronger warranty, dealer support the D160 would be a good choice and it would save you almost 1000 bucks. Both tractors are fine entry level tractors, just depends what tractor fits your budget and needs better

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #24  
I like all of mine.LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 530
  • Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Ford Truck 134.jpg
    Ford Truck 134.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 337
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 291
   / Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #25  
wow nice collection Coobie!!

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #27  
Just for you broke farmer- I will compare the husky $3,000 GT48DXLS to a $2,300 John Deere D160
Both units feature strong engines the JD has a 25 HP engine while the Husky has a 24HP unit, both come with 48 inch decks. The mower deck on the D160 is 12 g steel while the husky has 11 gauges steel. The D160 is a bit wider (49.9 to 49inch) the Husqvarna comes with 23 inch back wheels to 22 inch on Deere. Like most entry level tractors both feature low cost entry level tires. Both units also share another feature common on low budget tractors they feature wheel bushings instead of wheel bearings that more expensive heavy duty tractors feature. The headlights in JD are sealed and tend to last longer than Husky which tends to fog up quickly. The frame on the John Deere is full length welded steel. Husky is a poorer quality as frame is known to bend or actually break when mounting a Johnny Bucket or even a snow blower. Husky has issue with frame breaking where transaxle bolts in. This particular husky features a K66 tranny vs K46 in John Deere- although you cannot really take advantage of K66 since frame strength and thin steel on hitch plate is such an issue. The John Deere D series comes with a proven steering mechanism, and while the husky is known for steering problems, like most low budget tractors both units can add baggers that do not require a more capable and yes more expensive powerflow unit. Overall more OEM accessories and implements available for the JD. Although most accessories can be found by 3rd party sources for the Husqvarna as long as you do not overburden the frame. The John Deere (bumper to bumper) has far superior warranty and unlike Husky the warranty is actually transferable.

Bottom line here, while its impossible to say one is better than the other, for entry level tractors both have their own strengths. What we can say is for the extra 800 bucks the Husqvarna gives you a stronger transaxle and a 24HP Kawasaki FR engine compared to Briggs 25HP in JD. If you are looking for a low end budget tractor and have hills the Husqvarna GT48dxls could be a good choice. If you are dealing with a flat piece of property the stronger warranty, dealer support the D160 would be a good choice and it would save you almost 1000 bucks. Both tractors are fine entry level tractors, just depends what tractor fits your budget and needs better

Can you post examples of bent and broken Husqvarna frames, stories of foggy and short lifespan headlights, and stories that the Husqvarna's don't steer well?

Just links to where your getting your information from, Thanks.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #28  
Those of us who need a riding mower for steep areas need a locking differential. I am like most TBN members - I use a tractor for tractor work. I was looking for a lawn mower with the ability to handle steep slopes, not for ground engagement or towing barges or cleaning up elephant dung or clearing forests. Just for mowing native grass and weeds on steep terrain. To get a locking differential, Deere requires customers to step up to a X570, with a MSRP of $5,999. My local Deere dealer is a HUGE one - lots of farming here - but they don't stock the better Deere mowers. If I wanted to buy a x570, they required a 20% deposit to order one in - a non-refundable deposit! That tells you what kind of support to expect. Oh, the bumper-to-bumper warranty? Well, the front bumper is extra....

So I took the gamble on the Husky GT. Not the YT, the GT with the beefier frame. How does it compare to the Deere? I don't know, the steel in the frame seems much stronger than the paper in the Deere brochure. Is it strong enough? It sure seems to be - it hauls my XXL frame up the hills with authority, and shows no signs of fatigue. The locking differential works great, even with the turf tires. The fabricated deck has already taken some serious abuse, and is fine. The Husky meets and exceeds my needs. I believe the x570 would have, as well. The x380, with less power and fewer features, not so much - but it's only $4399.

The GT48 is the best unit I found for less than $6k - and it was a LOT less than $6k. It's far above anything Deere offers in the $3k price range. For my use, I believe it is truly good enough.

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #29  
Glad you enjoyed my comparison! When you get time can you post details on the frame the GT48DXLS uses- for some strange reason its like a state secret with husqvarna. Even though Companies like JD and even MTD the information is readily available? Go to Johnny bucket page and see if you could get a johnny bucket- a lot of the older Husky's could handle it. But you know they have to cut corners somewhere- its all about price in the low end budget tractor market

/ Husqvarna GT48DXLS Compared to John Deere #30  
Those of us who need a riding mower for steep areas need a locking differential. I am like most TBN members - I use a tractor for tractor work. I was looking for a lawn mower with the ability to handle steep slopes, not for ground engagement or towing barges or cleaning up elephant dung or clearing forests. Just for mowing native grass and weeds on steep terrain. To get a locking differential, Deere requires customers to step up to a X570, with a MSRP of $5,999. My local Deere dealer is a HUGE one - lots of farming here - but they don't stock the better Deere mowers. If I wanted to buy a x570, they required a 20% deposit to order one in - a non-refundable deposit! That tells you what kind of support to expect. Oh, the bumper-to-bumper warranty? Well, the front bumper is extra....

So I took the gamble on the Husky GT. Not the YT, the GT with the beefier frame. How does it compare to the Deere? I don't know, the steel in the frame seems much stronger than the paper in the Deere brochure. Is it strong enough? It sure seems to be - it hauls my XXL frame up the hills with authority, and shows no signs of fatigue. The locking differential works great, even with the turf tires. The fabricated deck has already taken some serious abuse, and is fine. The Husky meets and exceeds my needs. I believe the x570 would have, as well. The x380, with less power and fewer features, not so much - but it's only $4399.

The GT48 is the best unit I found for less than $6k - and it was a LOT less than $6k. It's far above anything Deere offers in the $3k price range. For my use, I believe it is truly good enough.

I'm sure it is-- I never said it was a bad tractor. And too bad you dont have a decent dealer around you- that sucks he wanted 20% down. I dont blame you. I hope your Husky gives you good service.