Husqvarna or cub

/ Husqvarna or cub #1  

daja

I am purchasing a new lawn tractor and I think i have it narrowed down between the cub 1046/1050 or the Husqvarna
2448. Both seem to be quality machines both less expensive that the deer. I like the Cub based on its american build status
but want to make sure i get something that will last. The duties that it will be reqired to do are minimal. mow 1 acre for the most part. Any thoughts? any other brand i should look at?
Thanks

/ Husqvarna or cub #2  
Of course there are thousands of lawn mower brands out there, but the two units you are looking at are both well made machines by respected companies.

The only thing I like about the Cub better is the position of the deck handle (to set the height). I think the Cub looks better too. Good luck and keep us posted.

/ Husqvarna or cub #3  
Cub Cadet is among the more repair-prone brand for lawn tractors according to the two most recent reports I've read. Murry was the most repair prone followed by Cub Cadet. Based on that fact, I'd look much closer at the Husqvarna. This is what is reported by the owners of the machines; not my opinion.

/ Husqvarna or cub #4  
I'm not all that familiar with the Husqvarna line...my neighbor has the larger 22 hp lawn tractor...it is identical to my Craftsman GT3000, which is made by American Yard Products (i think)...not sure about the model you are considering...but if you are leaning that way, i'd check out Sears to see if they have an identical model for less $.

/ Husqvarna or cub #5  
Daja , I've got the lesser brother to the 2448 (2148 ) . I bought it early last year and have been very happy with it .
I can't say anything about the CC as I've never tried one .
If possible go to a place (or places )that sells lawn and garden equipment and give them both a try out .
As to the JD's being better built ....I really would like to own an LX. But at twice the cost of my Husqvarna , I just couldn't justify it this time around . John

/ Husqvarna or cub #6  
American Yard Products builds the Husqvarna line, and MTD builds the Cub Cadet line. I also understand MTD builds the JDs that Home Depot sells.
I think I'd go with Mathey's thought and check out the Craftsman as they're pretty much the same machine, and may be less expensive than the Husky.
John

/ Husqvarna or cub #7  
as others have stated, i recently looked at a huskavarns 22.5 hp gt and i liked it but price was $2999.99 as stated before check out the craftsman they have one almost identical at a few $$$$ less.

/ Husqvarna or cub #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( American Yard Products builds the Husqvarna line, and MTD builds the Cub Cadet line )</font>

Wow, that really narrows it down...I've always been partial to the AYP line (I've owned quite a few Craftsman lawn tractors over the years). Can't say anything nice, however, about MTD. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Husqvarna or cub #9  
I am looking at the same husky tractor right now. I did go to Sears and the sears version of the 2248 is 1799.00, the huskey is 1799.00. Same just about everything, the huskey had a little heavier metal in the hood, and the paint was different. The stickers on both Briggs engines were in different spots but had the same EVS or whatever sticker on it.

Sears sells Husky, so I could do a side by side on them. The Huskey dealer has the same price on the tractor, and Sears has hired some pushy know it all, sooooo if I go this way, I'm headed for the dealer again.

/ Husqvarna or cub #10  
<font color="blue"> The Huskey dealer has the same price on the tractor, and Sears has hired some pushy know it all, sooooo if I go this way, I'm headed for the dealer again. </font>

That's what I would do. That way you'll get personal treatment rather than just another customer. Good luck.