Buying Advice Hustler zero turn mower

/ Hustler zero turn mower
I have a 60 inch commercial Hustler, bought apprx 9 years ago. I have not had any problems with mower and it cuts apprx 6 acres a week in season. Great machine

Thanks for the feedback.

/ Hustler zero turn mower #12  
Thanks TSO this machine has the ZR 7 deck. The guy doesn't seem to know to much about his machine. His wife operates it.
I was thinking about allowing $5,000 for the mower and $3,000 cash for trade for my BX and attachments.

After I get my son's initial assessment I may make the drive to test it for myself.

Dont short yourself . What sounds funny to me is its a second owner machine with mid 200 hours . That sounds low for 2 owners , Look in to this deal a bit harder.

Dont short yourself . What sounds funny to me is its a second owner machine with mid 200 hours . That sounds low for 2 owners , Look in to this deal a bit harder.

That thought has entered my mind. The guy bought this unit last year and only put about 12 hrs on it this year. He mows about a 1/4 acre with it.
I guess when I find out what year it was made will determine if the hours are low. He bought the unit through his brother who works for a dealer. Story is it was traded for a larger machine.

I will have to take a long hard look at it. It comes with a Bac Vac but I don't have much need for that.

/ Hustler zero turn mower #14  
I have a 2013 Hustler Super Z with a 72" VX4 deck and a 35 HP Kawasaki.
Bought it new 2 years ago, so I only have around 135 hours on the machine.
No problem at all so far. Really like it.
Think I paid around $11,000 for it. Not cheap but a very well built mower, should last me 20 years.
I had a Hustler FasTrak 54" for 4 years before I upsized to the Super Z.
Never had a single issue with it.

/ Hustler zero turn mower #15  
I had their commercial walk behind and overall it was pretty nice mower. I did have the drive pull snap off at about 50 hrs (If I recall correctly - I know it was very low hrs) but they replaced it with a new designed one that worked fine without any other problems. I sold it to buy my BX several years later and it held its value extremely well and I never had any other issues with it.

/ Hustler zero turn mower #16  
[B said:
Code54[/B];4250024] I had their commercial walk behind and overall it was pretty nice mower. I did have the drive pull snap off at about 50 hrs (If I recall correctly - I know it was very low hrs) but they replaced it with a new designed one that worked fine without any other problems. I sold it to buy my BX several years later and it held its value extremely well and I never had any other issues with it.[/hydQUOTE]

code54 was machine hydro or belt driven?

/ Hustler zero turn mower #17  
Hydro sir

/ Hustler zero turn mower #18  
Dave, did you get to take a look at the machine? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dave, did you get to take a look at the machine? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes I did. Good solid machine. The plastic I saw in the pics is a polycarbonate. Should be fine for what it is used for.

I will pass on the machine. He paid a little to much for it used and wants to recoup that. He also does not want to pay anything for a SCUT with attachments.
I advised him to do a little research on SCUT's and CUT's to see what the market is for them.
He told me he was a little shocked at the cost of tractors and would have to get something 20-30 years old to get the price he wants to pay.

One thing I did notice about Hustler. The mower deck has seven idler sheaves on it for the three blades. That seems like a lot considering my three blade BX has only one and my JD D130 had two if I remember correctly.