HVAC question...

/ HVAC question... #21  
I'd also look to go to a R410A system. R-22 just had one of the BIGGEST price increases that I've ever seen (we're talking like over 30%!, all you guys out there, I'd call if you haven't). Give it a couple of years, R410A will be less than R-22.

EDIT, after doing the math, at least from one major manufacturer, the price increase on R22 will be more than 30% easily.

http://members.cox.net/jamesmcalm/Calm_Domanski-R-
22_Replacement_Status-EcoLibrium-2004.pdf[/quote]

O, yes the days for good ol R 22 are numbered. It will just get too expensive to buy as supplies become more & more depeled

Reminds me of what happened to R 12 when it got sooo expensive , we were forced to change to R 134.Now, R12 is just a faded memory

/ HVAC question...
Here's the rest of the story...

Charlie came out for the third time last night. This time with the right part. On the back of the compressor on the inside is a printed circuit board, about 5"x7" give/take. There is some kind of switch on this board and it was this switch that was clicking.

Upon taking the board out, looking at the back side, there was a brown spot near a couple diods. Small brown spot...might have been nothing, but my guess is something got too hot there and was reason for my intermittent issues.

He swapped board out, compressor started up fine and more importantly, is actually cooling now!!

Thanks to all who helped.

:)

/ HVAC question... #23  
Sigarms said:
You guys don't happen to have any ECA450's laying around that you want to get rid of, do you? :)

They aren't kept in stock, but are only assembled when the order comes in. Plus, they are too big and heavy to sneak out in the lunchbox.

/ HVAC question... #24  
"One Piece at a Time" by Mr. Johnny Cash comes to mine:)

Seriously, I'm only joking, however, you guys do make some of the best test equipment on the market.