Hyd-filter not going ON???

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #1  

Herbertneedshelp

Tractor
Ford 345D
I recently went to change hydraulic filter underneath my tractor and the new filter from Napa would not go on. I have never had a filter go on anything but smooth so I’m worried the filter is wrong or that my threads are cross threaded.. any help greatly appreciated!!

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #2  
Is your reservoir refilled yet? Is filter fully threaded on & rubber gasket bottomed out on the filter base? Or is it loose?

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #3  
Welcome to TBN, and did you cross check the old filter part number to the new one? I always write down the date changed on the filter and buy a new one when I change the old one to ensure compatibility,

This is a 1975 vintage tractor, but filters should be available, and hope you didn't strip the threads!

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #4  
By not go on do you mean it will not even start to thread on, goes on a few threads and stops, etc.

First thought is incorrect threads, can you measure them vs the old filter?

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #5  
Do you still have the old filter? If it will still screw on at least that will rule out cross threading.

Mike

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #6  
I had an unusually awful time getting the 2025R's hydraulic filter threads to catch this last change. Yet, I've seen videos of people changing filters on Kubotas very fast to avoid fluid loss. Gotta hold your mouth right, they say.

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #7  
What number did they give you?

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #8  
Unless you really "horsed" the new filter - I doubt you have buggered the threads. You, most likely, got ahold of a wrong filter.

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #9  
I onced recieved a filler from napa for my dump truck that didn't fit. No. was
right took it back and discovered the wrong filter was in the box. Same size with dif size threads.

/ Hyd-filter not going ON??? #10  
I onced recieved a filler from napa for my dump truck that didn't fit. No. was
right took it back and discovered the wrong filter was in the box. Same size with dif size threads.
I had a case of filters delivered to the shop once. All were stamped with the correct part number. Filters were all the same diameter. Everyone of them looked the same.

About 1/2 were threaded for a smaller diameter nipple.

Got the place I purchased them from involved. They opened up another case and found same issue. Half were correct. Half were for a smaller diameter nipple. All were made in Mexico.

He found another case that were produced in the states. They were all correct.

I soon changed vendors for my filters at the shop.

I have one brand filter at the shop that is a bugger to get the threads to start. There is a rubber seal that seals tight to the nipple on that filter design.

Not much fixing for that issue oil the rubber and cuss a little.