Oil & Fuel hyd. oil in site glass on 2720

/ hyd. oil in site glass on 2720 #1  

perazzi15

What would be the right way to check the hyd oil in the site glass on the 2720? I know it should be approx half way up the site glass but would you check it with all the attachments on and extended as I have a 46 hoe and front end loader or does it matter at all? The manual just says approx half way up site glass. When you have the hyd. cyl.'s with the piston rods out they take more fluid than with the piston rods in. I am not sure if it would matter if one would have almost all the piston rods out at one time or would it effect anything at all. Or is this a question best left to the dealer? Thanks for the info Bob

/ hyd. oil in site glass on 2720 #2  
Generally, the fluid is checked with everything at-rest, so the loader would be on the ground, the 3PH lowered all the way and the backhoe stowed and locked. Machine level and turned off for about 15 minutes also. The level is not critical since it's always changing anyway. There is also a dipstick under the seat.

/ hyd. oil in site glass on 2720 #3  
Kenny had it correct. Given one item: This assumes the attachement (such as BH) is full and purged. If it has empty cylinders they will need filled. After it is filled, then check the oil as Kenny sugested.

The cylinders on my blade came empty. I didn't think to purge them and so I was fighting spongy cylinders for a couple of months.