Hyd Oil Question

/ Hyd Oil Question #1  

Eric

Tractor
Kubota L2850 4x4 and loader with 3 remotes and gannon box blade and bush hog mower
Hello gang, newbie to the tractor stuff. I just bought a Kubota L2850 great tractor. I bought some hydraulic fluid for it from a oil supplier i use in my motorcycle business. It is a private label fluid and it is recomended for JD,Ford, MF and most all tractors but(doesnt say kubota though)it says tractor multi functional transmission wet brake lube.Has 303 on it no other numbers or codes, does the 303 imply something to you guys? The supplier told me its fine also for my Kubota. ????
Thanks in advance!

/ Hyd Oil Question #2  
Welcome to the forum, Eric. Hope you enjoy the tractor. Unfortunately, I don't know what the 303 on your oil container means. If you've been reading some of the earlier discussions, you'll know that Kubota manuals used to say UDT or (and listed several other brands), then they started saying UDT or Super UDT, and now some models, at least, say only Super UDT. Naturally, without the technical expertise, and detailed knowledge of what you have, I'm not going to tell you it's OK, but I do THINK if it's labelled for the other brands of tractors and is for wet brake usage, it's probably just fine.

Bird

/ Hyd Oil Question #3  
Re: Hyd Oil Question--more

8/13

Bird, my NH manual sez the "international spec" for hyd oil for my tractor is "API GL4"/"ISO 32/46"/"SAE 10W30" [3 lines]. What I would like to know is are they referring to a multi-viscosity oil in the same sense as engine oil? The last reference implies that for sure. A quick call to local non-dealer vendors today only located single (either ISO 32 or 46) oils, no multi-vis ones. And would you use different single vis oils depending on the time of year?

I may well get the answer from my dealer tomorrow, but I would love to have this group's comments and new user Eric would learn with the rest of us.

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thanks as always,
Jim

/ Hyd Oil Question #4  

Jim, although my B2710 manual only specifies UDT or Super UDT, another place in the "lubricants" section of the manual reads as follows:

"The oil used to lubricate the transmission is also used as hydraulic fluid. To insure proper operation of the hydraulic system and complete lubrication of the transmission, it is important that a multi-grade transmission fluid be used in this system. We recommend the use of KUBOTA SUPER UDT fluid for optimum protection and performance."

So, to answer your question, yes, I want multi-viscosity oil year round in mine.

Bird

/ Hyd Oil Question #5  

8/14

Thanks, Bird. I have not gotten a clear answer from either of 2 <font color=blue>New Holland</font color=blue> dealers yet /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. The info they have is different from my owners manual, so one of em is calling <font color=blue>NH</font color=blue> for clarification /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

You (and Mark C) will see a cc in your mailbox where I wrote to Kubota about Super UDT /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. The local <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange> dealer carries both UDTs but has absolutely no info on what the visc, etc, is on either one. Let's see if they answer /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

J