Hyd top link

/ Hyd top link #11  
3RRL said:
Hi Mike, I'm sure you know when I gave the following advice I was not insinuating to make it so long as to be able to puncture the tires....hahaha....that's why he should "check" the tilt to be sure it's going to work. One thing your post brought to my attention is that he should check that tilt with the rippers fully extented (fully down) to avoid exactly what you warned against.

As far as sources for hydraulic cylinders, I would go to Surplus Center because they have a great selection and list the specs either right on the page or on "SPEC SHEET" so you can get all the measurements for designing. Go here: SURPLUS CENTER HYDRAULIC SECTION
They also offer a relatively new "Brand new PRINCE double pilot-operated lock valve designed to lock a cylinder in place when control valve is in the neutral position." Go HERE for the ½" npt model. I know it's not the same (specs) as the TNT check valve but in talking to them they seemed to think it would work. I am going to install them myself so I will report on them in another Thread. There has been much discussion in previous threads about using "other than TNT" check valves, but in light of the fact that we can't get any from them, that's what I'm going to do.

Rob the only reason that I make mention of this is when my rippers are fully lowered while the top link is fully extended the rippers are dangerously close to the rear tires. For that reason I never fully lower them.

/ Hyd top link #12  
3RRL said:
They also offer a relatively new "Brand new PRINCE double pilot-operated lock valve designed to lock a cylinder in place when control valve is in the neutral position." Go HERE for the ½" npt model. I know it's not the same (specs) as the TNT check valve but in talking to them they seemed to think it would work. I am going to install them myself so I will report on them in another Thread. There has been much discussion in previous threads about using "other than TNT" check valves, but in light of the fact that we can't get any from them, that's what I'm going to do.

Not only are they somewhat expensive, and not quite to the CCM specs, they would be quite a plumbing nightmare to hookup. That is, unless you can fab up some solid tubing or have your local hydraulic shop do it for a kings ransom in US dollars no doubt. It's not a job for those who don't have the right tools or expertise.

/ Hyd top link #13  
MadReferee said:
Not only are they somewhat expensive, and not quite to the CCM specs, they would be quite a plumbing nightmare to hookup. That is, unless you can fab up some solid tubing or have your local hydraulic shop do it for a kings ransom in US dollars no doubt. It's not a job for those who don't have the right tools or expertise.
You're right Mad, I saw the way there ports are?? What's up with that? IMO it should be hard-lined to the cylinder to take advantage of the DPOCV feature so you don't blow a hose. I'm taking mine to the hydraulic shop to do it.

/ Hyd top link #14  
Bones1, I got my HTL from Draper Tractor talked to Darrel its a Bare-Co Cat2 HTL it goes from 24.5" to 35" and has the anti creep valve the cylinder alone is $258.60 but you need hoses, adapters, pioneer fittings and by the time shipping was involved as well it cost $339.80. It is very well made and I am quite happy with it so far. I put on a Pat's easy change system and was replacing an OEM HTL from my Beltec Auger that was to short for my implement with the addition of my PECS. I still have the old one for my Auger since it has custom studs for triangular support on the Auger its a Hyd down pressure outfit. You can see the new HTL here if you scroll down in their window a bit although the Cat2 one I got doesn't have the claw on it just ball ends, the top black ones don't have the anti creep valves but are much cheaper and look it.
http://www.bare-co.com/files/hydraul2001/hy22.htm
The poster that said watch out for your scarifiers on your BB is dead on, it is something to be concerned about, my tires are solid filled so no real worries for me but I can get to the lugs if I wasn't paying attention by lifting it all the way up and curling it forward.
Steve

/ Hyd top link #15  
PineRidge said:
Be advised that these cylinders do not appear to have double piloted check valves. While they may be suitable for side links, I wouldn't recommend one for a top link.

I recommended Redlandhill for one reason, "We start with a quality North American built Lions welded hydraulic cylinder", which is in their description. The check valve can be added at any time.

/ Hyd top link #16  
ovrszd said:
I recommended Redlandhill for one reason, "We start with a quality North American built Lions welded hydraulic cylinder", which is in their description. The check valve can be added at any time.

Can you make a recommendation for a suitable check valve that may be added to these cylinders?

/ Hyd top link #17  
PineRidge said:
Can you make a recommendation for a suitable check valve that may be added to these cylinders?

No I can't but I haven't asked about one either. I would assume the sites mentioned above can supply one that would work??? Surely someone here in the U.S. builds such a valve??? When I get ready to buy mine, I'll find a suitable valve and post a thread about how to set it up.

/ Hyd top link #18  
ovrszd said:
Surely someone here in the U.S. builds such a valve??? When I get ready to buy mine, I'll find a suitable valve and post a thread about how to set it up.

Good luck. Many have tried, including several top hydraulic shops, and no one to this date has been successful. O yea, you can buy a similar valve from SUrplus Center but plumbing it is another story.

/ Hyd top link #20  
It doesn't have to be on the cylinder but when it is on the cylinder, a ruptured hose will not cause the cylinder to move. Some consider this a safety measure having the check valves on the cylinder.