Hydraulic articulating arm string trimmer?

/ Hydraulic articulating arm string trimmer?
I'm sure one could get away with a arm to block out posts amd rocks and such.....but it was interesting in the concept.
Kinda what I had in mind......but still doesn't address the issue of inclines both up (against a bank), and down (ditch from the top).....
And of course the necessary drive components......

/ Hydraulic articulating arm string trimmer? #22  
They're making cat1 3-point boom flail mowers for tractors as small as 4000 pounds now... Not cheap though. Check out the ORSI River Compact.

Thanks for the site.....looks interesting.

Dear fellow members, I just joined this site an hour ago. Im not a big farmer, and dont own much land. Horses and a vegetable garden is all i got. I work construction and am away from home most of the month. Cutting to the chase, Im an inventor of sorts (first patent pending) and was surfing the web looking for competition for my Invention. I stumbled upon this forum and read of how people are looking for a fast and effective way to eliminate weeds around their homes and farms. Trust me, I understand the pain in the *** nature of weedwacking. i had my idea on a 2 hour each way commute up and down I77, where each day I saw the teams of shanghied teens working there summer jobs as possible roadkill, make painfully slow progress, whilst the tractors effortlessly cut huge swaths of weeds along the interstate. BANG! It him me. I drew up some scetches and faxed em to Legal Zoom (great people to work with) they wrote up the fancy stuff, and now I need to make the machines myself or sell them to a company. I have sent letters to many big equipment manufacturers Such as Bush hog and John Deere. i would very much like the opinions from people who may very well need a machine like this.

Im going to post my Patent drawing in a few days, as my scanner is being a POS right now.

cheers

Been a while....any progress?....Just thought I would ask.

/ Hydraulic articulating arm string trimmer? #26  

That is very similar to the Girafetta 160 I priced at Iowa Farm Equipment. see here >> Maschio Gaspardo Giraffa 160 SE - YouTube

Steve quoted me $6k and less than $300 for shipping to WV. I'd imagine the Seppi is a similar price.

The ORSI River Compacts are a bit more, but they are a bit more machine. I was quoted $9500 for the 12' reach model 355 and $10,400 for the 14' reach model 420.

In my investigations I've found out the ORSI, Bush Hog, Girafetta and others in this class are not as horsepower dependent as they are weight. Steve at Iowa Farm Equipment said he recommended the Bush Hog RMB1445 over all the other similar boom mowers, but pricing on it was nearly $14k. I told him the horsepower requirement was a bit much for my tractor and he said it's not a requirement but only a recommendation to ensure you have enough weight that it is not dangerous. He told me with my tractor being near 6000# with the loader and all the ballast was more than ample for any of the boom mowers in this class and horsepower wouldn't be any issue.