Hydraulic Chute Rotation

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #11  
Nice work..
I put a Needle valve on mine....adjusted it to where I wanted it, set the set-screw on it and presto...the rotation speed is PERFECT.

37838_300.jpg

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation
Nice work..
I put a Needle valve on mine....adjusted it to where I wanted it, set the set-screw on it and presto...the rotation speed is PERFECT.

37838_300.jpg

Pretty inexpensive solution if he finds it rotates too fast for him. We also notched the chute, so even if he passes where the old stop was, he won't rip out the worm gear. I hope people seeing this picture know that we don't turn these things 360 degrees, even though we could....it's just a precaution against destroying the gear.

Attachments

• Chute notched.jpg
    Chute notched.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 389
   / Hydraulic Chute Rotation #13  
We also notched the chute, so even if he passes where the old stop was, he won't rip out the worm gear. I hope people seeing this picture know that we don't turn these things 360 degrees, even though we could....it's just a precaution against destroying the gear.

I thought about notching mine but didnt... I figured the ENTIRE Worm Gear/Manual crank rotation kit was 100 bucks and the rear glass on my tractor is close to 400 bucks...
Gotta have a weak link or the wallet pays the price..:D

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation
I thought about notching mine but didnt... I figured the ENTIRE Worm Gear/Manual crank rotation kit was 100 bucks and the rear glass on my tractor is close to 400 bucks...
Gotta have a weak link or the wallet pays the price..:D

Do you just use caution when you get to the point where the notching stops? Someone on here had some relief valve installed on their unit, so that when it hit the stop on the chute, it shut down before damaging the gear....don't quote me, but I think that's how it worked. I agree on the price of windows. I don't turn mine beyond the 45 degree mark, so won't get hit in the head with anything, although I'd probably wouldn't get hurt much getting hit in the head, ha!