Hydraulic Chute Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Hydraulic Chute Rotation #1  

mswanson

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I bought an old Ford 715 2 point snowblower that is set up for hydraulic chute rotation but it didn't have the hyraulic cylinder. I searched on Ebay for one roughly the right length. I hooked it up with 1/4 inch lines to the rear remotes on my NH TC33 and it is acting differently than I expected. I was expecting to to go out to the end of its stroke when I moved the control handle on my fender one way and then go back when I move the handle the other way. Instead it is going in and out, in and out really fast all while I move the control handle in just one direction. Unfortunately I don't know that much about hydraulics. To me it seems like there is something wrong with the cylinder. Can anyone give me an opinion on what is going on? thanks!

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #2  
Two questions: 1. Have you used the valve for other applications without problems? 2. Have you used it enough to bleed the air out of the cylinder? I am curious as to how the cylinder rotates the chute. On my unit the hydraulic cylinder moves a swing arm and a cable runs from one end of the swing arm, wraps around the chute and then back to the other end of the seing arm. It is a really simple system that works well.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Chute Rotation #3  
Wasn't this question just asked and a discussion started in the New Holland Owning/Operating forums?

I thought duplicate posting were not allowed.

/ Hydraulic Chute Rotation #4  
MadReferee said:
Wasn't this question just asked and a discussion started in the New Holland Owning/Operating forums?

I thought duplicate posting were not allowed.
Yes, it's a dupe of this post. No, it's not allowed, but it's not detected automatically.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.