Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #11  
Not sure it would work for exactly that. I see it for dealing with the momentum issues associcated with hydraulic motors. You are not concerned with shock, but simply limiting the pressure your motor or cylinder can see.

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #12  
Not sure it would work for exactly that. I see it for dealing with the momentum issues associcated with hydraulic motors. You are not concerned with shock, but simply limiting the pressure your motor or cylinder can see.

check the Q&A on this page.
1/2 NPT 16 GPM 1���-25�� PSI Relief Valve | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Perhaps, the package is a very convenient bi-directional pressure relieve valve.

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #13  
I wouldn't even have a clue, how much one would limit the pressure to. But yes, I guess that valve would work if the pressures were appropriate.

A friend who sells and makes hydraulic hoses (handy for a project like this) rigged up valves so that he can use part of the blower motor flow to run his chute with a hyd motor, which previously had been electric, as he had no extra circuit on his SS boom.

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #14  
For some 5-7 years now my chute rotates via a simple cheap electric ATV winch.
Good torque, nice powerful slow speed and VERY cost effective.

LOL, mine is a yard sale winch ($5.00) but as a rule a new unit is found at very affordable cost, (under $100)

The challenge is mounting but not all that difficult to imagine.
Mine is mounter vertically with a cable that wraps around the chute.

Power is ample to even break the chute lose from ice build up. (but I do grease to ease that task)

Operation is a simple DPDT switch that is spring loaded in both directions (more or less $10.00)

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #15  
For some 5-7 years now my chute rotates via a simple cheap electric ATV winch.
Good torque, nice powerful slow speed and VERY cost effective.

LOL, mine is a yard sale winch ($5.00) but as a rule a new unit is found at very affordable cost, (under $100)

The challenge is mounting but not all that difficult to imagine.
Mine is mounter vertically with a cable that wraps around the chute.

Power is ample to even break the chute lose from ice build up. (but I do grease to ease that task)

Operation is a simple DPDT switch that is spring loaded in both directions (more or less $10.00)

Sure, there are many ways, but the OP used the OEM HYDRAULIC MOTOR in example. If the thread wants to explore options, IT"S ALL BEEN HASHED OUT IN OTHER SIMILAR THREADS! Just go read them, they are in the DIY forum.

And Yes, I am yelling. (Pet Peeve!.... Derailing a thread that just MIGHT lead to useful information on a single particular subject. SUCH AS a hydraulic motor drive for chute rotation)

No Offense meant towards any individual.

/ Hydraulic Chute Spout Rotator #16  
I wouldn't even have a clue, how much one would limit the pressure to. But yes, I guess that valve would work if the pressures were appropriate.

A friend who sells and makes hydraulic hoses (handy for a project like this) rigged up valves so that he can use part of the blower motor flow to run his chute with a hyd motor, which previously had been electric, as he had no extra circuit on his SS boom.

4/3 GPM Prince Priority Flow Divider w/Relief | Divider Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Not something needed if running off the tractors rear remotes. But something nice with a SS and all it's hydraulic capacity.

I can see a "properly designed" hydraulic motor drive for a snow blower chute ending up to be a rather costly project. I'll need to shop carefully ;-)