Hydraulic Connections

/ Hydraulic Connections #11  
Get a multicoupler made by Faster. It's what JD uses as OEM. I swapped one onto my JD 6415. Best money spent.

Attachments

• jdmulticoupler 008.JPG
    jdmulticoupler 008.JPG
    815.4 KB · Views: 181
  • jdmulticoupler 007.JPG
    jdmulticoupler 007.JPG
    808.7 KB · Views: 187
  • jdmulticoupler 010.JPG
    jdmulticoupler 010.JPG
    798.9 KB · Views: 207
  • jdmulticoupler 009.JPG
    jdmulticoupler 009.JPG
    797.6 KB · Views: 181
   / Hydraulic Connections #12  
Not sure if your quick-connects are the same as mine, but if they are, once you slide the female fitting collar back all the way and push it onto the male fitting part way (but not yet latched on), you no longer need to hold the collar back - the latching balls inside the female fitting will prevent the collar from sliding back down until the fittings are fully seated together, at which point the collar should snap itself back down. I didn't know this at first, and was trying to simultaneously pull the collar back and push the two fittings together (sorta difficult in my confined space). It helps a lot to only have to worry about pushing ONE direction at a time!

What everyone else said about any residual pressure is very true too. In some cases, if the loader is left off and in a sunny spot, the sun heat can cause enough pressure buildup to make connection difficult. Some have found it a lot easier to simply crack one of the threaded fittings in each circuit open slightly to bleed out excessive pressure.

/ Hydraulic Connections #13  
as others have said, relieving the pressure is key ...in addition, I have changed over to "push-pull" connectors so I do not (not) have to mess with holding the collar back, just push on/in. I can find a reference, if required.

/ Hydraulic Connections #14  
This residual pressure thing must be my problem tonight. I finally gave up and am here via the search function.....thank you everybody. In the morning I'll try it again. After about 6 months on this new B2620 and never having this problem before, I was totally frustrated and tuckered out. The FEL has been sitting on concrete in the sun with recent rising temperatures. There must be some pressure in the FEL. They always connected easily before today.

/ Hydraulic Connections #15  
Well, after sitting all night in the cool, the connectors snapped right on.....no sweat. Wow, what a differance. I thought that I had forgotten my Geritol yesterday.:D