Hydraulic cylinder jerky

/ Hydraulic cylinder jerky #21  
yarg,

Your 1.8 cu in hyd pump will pump 28 GPM at a pump speed of 3600 rpm.

the Hp required to pump 28 GPM at 3000 psi is 58 HP. If using a 1500 psi relief, it would still take about 29 HP. 28 GPM and 1000 psi takes about 19 HP

You don't have enough HP to fully use the pump.

/ Hydraulic cylinder jerky
I tried that without any change?

JJ,

Yes, I understand the engine sizing thing. I wanted to run the higher flows of the larger pump and did not need the higher pressures. The motors are rated at 1500 psi. I wanted the rpm available more than the torque.
I guess I could have used a 1.3 or 1.5 ci pump? Better balance but everything works well but the ram and that would have been the case even with a smaller pump.

If nothing else, I am determined so I will find an answer if I have not done so yet.

/ Hydraulic cylinder jerky #24  
you can set the relief down to a 1000 psi, and still keep the flow,

if you have two relief vales in the circuit like that, the lower one will do the dumping,

why were at it what is the make and model of the log splitter valve, (is there a closed center plug in the log splitter valve).

Is the log splitter valve new or used? (what I am asking is was it working correctly before if used).

(personaly I would get. borrow, swap out, the contorl valve on the cyclinder and try a diffrnet valve,

BHD,

The valve is a prince. It is fine. I just installed a needle valve on the large end of the ram and a low pressure relief cartradge. Adjusted at 1400 psi and slow flow, the ram works well with control and slow speed:). The engine works when actuated the valve but does not stall! It appears the stall pressure is about 1800 psi. This is good as this means I can power either motor to full hp.
Now to drill a well? I will report on that.
Thanks,
Gray

/ Hydraulic cylinder jerky #26  
thanks for reporting your findings, will be looking forward to hearing about the well drilling process, take a lot of pictures