hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21

/ hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21 #1  

KUBOTA OWNER

Tractor
B21 KUBOTA
I have a b21, about a 2008 model I believe, been a super good unit. I have started to notice some hyd cyl.
are starting to leak slightly on both the backhoe and the loader. So I looked up the seal kit for my loader which I believe is a model TL 421 I have a parts manual and the cylinder that I need to repair is the one the tilts the bucket back and forth. The seal kit I ordered was P/N 75554-63400 from the dealer. I removed the cylinder and
these seals do not look correct. If you would call the very outside seal a wiper my old one is metal. The new one in the kit is orange and falls into the glad nut.?? It would never stay in. Even the piston split rings are not in the new kit. or the small Oring that seals the piston to the rod. Did I order the wrong kit? or is it short parts?
I'm afraid the dealer will just tell me that this is the correct kit and that there were some changes made.
Anyone ever had this problem?

/ hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21 #2  
Messicks lists this part number for the seal kit for the bucket cylinders on that loader: Part # 75554-64600

Also includes a picture. Can you tell from the picture if it has what you need?

ku_75554-646000.webp

EDIT: A little more digging and looks like the seal kit the dealer sold you is for the TL420A loader that fits the B20 tractor.

/ hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21
Yes The pic you show is what look like i need.
Of course I was a dumb as! and told the dealer to order this part!! I looked online and found a
parts manual for what I thought was for
my loader. Oh well just another leaning experience. Thanks will be heading to the dealer again tomorrow.
I was going to order from Meissicks and have in the past but shipping was like $14 bucks for a little package.

/ hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21 #4  
Do you have a hydraulic shop nearby? I usually just dissemble the cylinder and ask them to sell me the seals it needs.

None that offer that kind of service, mostly industrial stuff.
I would like to use OE stuff when I can. Have more money that brains anyway!! At least on this project!! Ha Ha. Thanks for your help.
Might need to learn a few new four letter words two before this is done I already used all my favorite ones already!! Thanks again.

Dealer required a 25% restocking fee. live and learn. They did have the correct parts in stock too!!
Installed all new seals an o-rings and all went very well.
Need to reinstall on tractor and hope there are no leaks.
Then time to look at the backhoe cylinders. One stabilizer is leaking slightly and both swing cylinders.
Wanted to start on a easy first cylinder repair attempt before harder ones.
Thanks to all that helped.

/ hydraulic cylinder reseal on a b21 #7  
That sucks. It was their mistake, not yours.

At least you got it going and now have some experience rebuilding cylinders. You now know what to do and what not do.

Thanks for the update.