Hydraulic Fluid Choices

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
So, I’m gearing up for the first service this year on the 4820H. It may be a smidge early in hours, but 2 years in I feel like doing it. So, I have Rotella T6 for the motor, but I came across Triax Agra UTTO XL fluid for the transmission. Also considered the Shell Rotella HD oil.
Does it really matter? I don’t see a spec in the manual.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #2  
So, I’m gearing up for the first service this year on the 4820H. It may be a smidge early in hours, but 2 years in I feel like doing it. So, I have Rotella T6 for the motor, but I came across Triax Agra UTTO XL fluid for the transmission. Also considered the Shell Rotella HD oil.
Page 2-3 of owners manual
The TYM genuine parts and fluids are passed severe durability and performance tests.
Please use genuine TYM parts for your safety.

page 6-4 of owners manual;
TYM origin oil
Texaco TDH oil, 1893

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices
Page 2-3 of owners manual
The TYM genuine parts and fluids are passed severe durability and performance tests.
Please use genuine TYM parts for your safety.

page 6-4 of owners manual;
TYM origin oil
Texaco TDH oil, 1893
Except it appears that oil is no longer manufactured

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #4  
That Triax Agra is an interesting choice that I look at frequently, especially considering how hard Chevron 1000 synthetic is to find. I've been using Cen-Pe-Co multi purpose fluid for quite awhile.

Delvac is nice and affordable. I know it matters… but you know what I mean. There are many high quality fluids.

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #7  
   / Hydraulic Fluid Choices #8  
I use Petronas Arbor MTF10W30 on mine. While I haven't changed yet, I had to top up the fluid when I added the loader.

Early this year in National Farm show, TYM presented its new range of fluids. Engine, transmission, coolant, etc. Looks like those are made by American Refining Group, Inc.
1710325430641.jpeg
1710325446335.jpeg

/ Hydraulic Fluid Choices #9  
I'm using this:

https://www.amsoil.com/p/amsoil-5w-...hydraulic-transmission-oil-ath/?code=ATH05-EA

But I'm thinking I have a much wider temperature range I have to operate under than you do. For me the choice required going full synthetic with temps from -45F to +100F in the same year. I use my tractor year 'round, so my fluid has to stand up to both ends of the extreme.
Yeah, I’m certainly leaning toward a synthetic oil. I use it in basically every machine I have. It looks like most non store brand oils, meet the specs.