Hydraulic Fluid -repalcement

/ Hydraulic Fluid -repalcement #1  

adeberti

Tractor
CT2025H
   / Hydraulic Fluid -repalcement #3  
Work? Maybe, at least for a while.

On this and other tractor forums two generalizations keep recurring. 1) You get what you pay for. 2) The Original Equipment Manufacturer's (usually branded) recommended fluid usually works best. (Less low temperature HST whine, for example.)

If I were desperate to restore the Bobcat to service, I would go to the local Bobcat dealer and pay for their advice and the oil they recommend provided I got good vibes that the tech know what he was talking about and that the dealer would stand behind the tech's recommendations. The operator's manual probably only specs the oil as the OEM brand; you could spend a great deal of time trying to find the SAE, MIL, J, or other spec required. It would require even more time to find that particular spec on the fluid you are considering.

For a typical discussion of disingenuous and misleading marketing hype go to https://www.tractorlife.com/2018/06...-the-dangers-of-303-tractor-hydraulic-fluids/.
". . . claims made on these products are often vague, confusing and misleading, with generic statements such as “for use in older tractors,” or in some cases multiple OEM brands are listed without any reference to performance specifications. If a specification is listed, it is most often “303,” which is a reference to John Deere’s JDM 303 specification.
Many consumers are unaware that John Deere’s JDM 303 specification has been obsolete since 1974. [when the Sperm whale oil in its formulation became unavailable.]"

/ Hydraulic Fluid -repalcement
Thanks,

Yes i posted the wrong link: need trans/hydraulic fluid. I'll see if my local bobcat dealer has anything in stock (all sold out online)...if not I might use the off-brand one for a few weeks till i can swap it again