Hydraulic hose change tip

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #11  
Hey !, TBN is compressing my image horizontally. I think it's a plot to make me look fat /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif The image Jinman retrieved shows me in all my slender glory /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #12  
Jerry, I think there is a limit to the horizontal and vertical pixels for a photo. If your image doesn't exactly fit the size, it gets compressed (non-proportionally) to make it fit. I just right-clicked on your photo and then clicked Properties on the drop-down menu. When the properties pop-up, I swiped the address and copied it. Next, I selected the Image option and pasted in the location of your picture and there you are in all your skinny...well...skinnier glory. If you go back and size your picture to exactly the thumbnail size allowed, you will get the correct proportions. ...I think /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Hydraulic hose change tip
Re: Hydraulic hose change tip(now talking about pics)

jinman,

You probably noticed that your pic is squat too. I checked and you pic is 75H by 65W. The site is stretching it to 80by80 so your 65 wide is being stretched more than your 75 high. Most photo editors let you crop pictures. If you enter 80 by 80 then orient the box, it should come out good, otherwise, it will most likely "keep aspect ratio" and the height won't match width.

Ain't it fun? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #14  
Re: Hydraulic hose change tip(now talking about pics)

You are right Nelson. When I first downloaded my photo (back in the dark ages when TBN had less than 50k total posts) there was a specified pixel limit for photos of 75H x 65W. I haven't checked lately and don't mind the stretched photo since I've gained a little weight in the last two years anyhow. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The size limit for attached photos back then was 200k bytes also. The size of inline (image) photos, like your very nice tutorial at the beginning of this thread, should also be as small as possible so people with dial-ups modems don't get stuck waiting for your image to load. I think the software has been changed so you can actually continue scrolling past a post with an inline image. As I remember it, you used to get "stuck" until the photo "painted." /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Muhammad has made numerous improvements to this site /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I continue to be pleasantly surprised every time I see somthing new. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #15  
What machine is that in the pic??
Russ

/ Hydraulic hose change tip #16  
Nelson if you are still worried about that piece of hose that you slit coming off I may have another solution for you. While in my New Holland dealership the other day I noticed a piece of flexible plastic that attach's directly to the hydraulic hose that also prevents rub damage. I'll bet that most dealerships offer them as aftermarket parts.