Hydraulic Hoses

/ Hydraulic Hoses #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
I'm doing some major maintenance on my 10 year old trailer. Was going to flush the old brake fluid and replace it. But I noticed that there are two hydraulic hoses, one to each axle. At this age should those hoses be replaced? It's probably not that expensive, but just another delay in getting it done if it's not really indicated. Thanks everybody.

/ Hydraulic Hoses #2  
I would.... Every problem I have ever had with surge brakes came back to the hoses. Once blew a tire and it shredded and ripped one of them hoses off and the other was the brakes locked up on a trailer. On the first it was evident why we had no brakes. On the other with the brakes locked up we tore it all apart from the brakes to the master cylinder. Last thing we checked was the one rubber hose on the system and there it was. It was acting like a check valve. It had broken down internally and would let fluid go from the master cylinder to the brakes under pressure but not return.

I get the hoses at Auto Zone. Cost about $8 each or so depending on length you need. Its standard brake stuff, nothing special, so the threads are just 1/4" pipe thread I think.

Chris

/ Hydraulic Hoses
Thanks, Chris. Will get on that tomorrow after church...i.e. buy some hoses in town.

/ Hydraulic Hoses #4  
Thanks, Chris. Will get on that tomorrow after church...i.e. buy some hoses in town.

Yes, it will be money well spent. They always look new from the outside but break down internally. Just make sure you take the old one with you to match up the size and threads.

Chris

/ Hydraulic Hoses
:ashamed:Well, I cussed coming out of auto supply store. He had to have the original because trailers are not in the computer and there must be 150 variations. I said "It's rubber, it's 16 inches long and has female SAE thread on each end." But that ain't good enough. So thanks again Diamond Pilot. Somebody on TBN has the saying that experience is something one has after they screwed up. Now I know. Guess I'll stop again in town at church to make up for the cussin'. :eek:

/ Hydraulic Hoses #6  
:ashamed:Well, I cussed coming out of auto supply store. He had to have the original because trailers are not in the computer and there must be 150 variations. I said "It's rubber, it's 16 inches long and has female SAE thread on each end." But that ain't good enough. So thanks again Diamond Pilot. Somebody on TBN has the saying that experience is something one has after they screwed up. Now I know. Guess I'll stop again in town at church to make up for the cussin'. :eek:

I told you to take the old one....LOL I have done my fair share of cussin also so I feel your pain.

Chris