Hydraulic issue

/ Hydraulic issue #22  
At this point, I'm wondering if the mower is mechanically jammed. I agree to unpin at least one end of the cylinder and actuate it. If it moves, the mower is jammed. If not, something has failed in the cylinder. I wonder if the one-hose side shift test did some damage.

Regardless, divorce the cylinder from the mower and isolate the problem.

• Good Post
Reactions: LD1
   / Hydraulic issue #23  
At this point, I'm wondering if the mower is mechanically jammed. I agree to unpin at least one end of the cylinder and actuate it. If it moves, the mower is jammed. If not, something has failed in the cylinder. I wonder if the one-hose side shift test did some damage.

Regardless, divorce the cylinder from the mower and isolate the problem.
Agree. Isolate the cylinder from the mower. Otherwise you have no clue which is the problem

/ Hydraulic issue
I had no clue a one hose test would have messed it up...it was quick...wow.

thanks for all of your thoughts guys.

/ Hydraulic issue #26  
   / Hydraulic issue
I just got back from the property and with the help of a super nice guy, we got it going.

i called woodmaxx about this issue and the guy was super nice, said he had never had this happen before. I told him i arranged for this guy to come out and take a look at it as i am a complete noob...he told me that if we could not get it going, call him back and he would send me a new cyclinder. So props to woodmaxx.

so my helper did everything i have already stated in this thread and no luck. We checked the hydro fluid and it didnt even register on the dipstick. We added about 1-2 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Tried it again and it moved...an inch. I lubed the aisde shift cylinder with fluid film and it moved a bit more.

we moved it back and forth many times and finally did a test run of the flail mower in the field. Wow, super impressed with the cut quality.

now, i realize i should have checked the hydro fluid...new tractor, loader works fine, top and tilt works fine, shocked it was that low..i don’t actually think the low hydro fluid was the cause...but it probably didnt help matters either.

i think it was dead headed. I think i was moving the remove all the way to the end, instead of just barely past the nuetral/center. Once we unstuck it, worked like a champ.

i hope this helps someone else in the future if they have the same issue. I really appreciate all of the help from this forum.

thanks all!!!

/ Hydraulic issue #28  
Glad you got it going and had some good help. Thanks for the update.