Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #1  

meringer

Tractor
New Holland 2120
I have an hydraulic leak at one of the supply line fittings to the loader control on a NH 2120. Assume it is a JIC 37 degree flare fitting. Is it reasonable to think that I can stop this leak without having to replace the entire line (because of the flared tubing end)? Has anyone had experience in working through something like this? Pictures attached. You can see which one (or two) are leaking by the oil coating on the line. I can't get to the fittings in question without removing the smaller lines that run to the loader. So there is a risk of having further leaking problems when I go to reassemble these 4 lines as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
   / Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #3  
Measure the OD of the tubing, they look like DIN fittings and metric tubing.
If tightening doesn’t work you will need to pull it apart and find tubing and matching fittings avail at the dealer or a good hyd shop.

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #4  
Agree with wdchyd they do not look like 37 degree JIC.

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #5  
Tighten it up...
Any idea of what kind of wrench is going to get in there? Seems like a whole forest of fittings and I wouldn't want to remove them all.
And that makes me wonder why one would start leaking... I had a leak like that once, and thought I'd never find it. It turned out to be microscopic lengthwise split in the compression nut that didn't open up until it was torqued down.
rScotty

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting
Thanks for the input everyone. Tube does appear to be metric. Measured OD at .5925" (15mm).
27mm line wrench is on order. Will try to tighten and let you know what I find out.

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
   / Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #7  
While yes, they only might be need to be tightened, but resist the urge to over tighten, I’ve seen known good DIN fittings removed, cleaned and they leaked after.

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #8  
If DIN they will look like this.
Although this tubing is larger (22 x 3.0mm)

Attachments

• D96433F2-8B6D-4C7E-A3DC-3B763B1D8945.jpeg
    D96433F2-8B6D-4C7E-A3DC-3B763B1D8945.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 57
   / Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting
Thank you wdchyd. I share your concerns about over tightening. I believe that these fittings are meant to seal with with a specific number of turns. Not sure if that applies only to first install or also to re-install. Thanks also for the picture. Helps to verify type of connector. So am I correct that the DIN connection does not utilize a flared end on tube? If that is the case, and there is no damage to the tube, can I simply replace the nut and ferrules? Alternately, if there is damage to the tube, can I cut the tube and join a new short length of tube using a union connector instead of replacing the entire (custom bent) tube?

/ Hydraulic leak at loader controls fitting #10  
You won't know until you get one removed. Heck, they could have welded or swaged ORFS inserts in the ends of each tube for all you know, easily fixed with a new o-ring. Pull a line off and have a look!

BTW, I've never seen a 15mm line size, not that I've seen everything. But metric line would usually skip from 12mm to 16mm, at least in most systems I've seen.