hydraulic leak at the lift arm

/ hydraulic leak at the lift arm #11  
Yes, I'm sure it's not overfilled. Using the tractor just once leaked enough that the stick is dry when screwed down.
Good, but - if it's clean fluid - don't trust your eyeballs. Mine was so clean and clear that I couldn't see it on the dipstick. I'd press the dipstick against a piece of light colored cloth, then note how much fluid transferred.

Don't be afraid to destroy the old seals on the way out, but be careful of the seats. Also take care not to drill through the print that contains the seal size. It's imperative to replace with the exact same size. The new seals may need a little circumferential tapping to achieve a new seat, but it shouldn't be as difficult as removing the old ones. Don't forget to reinstall the set screws.

//greg//

/ hydraulic leak at the lift arm
Thanks. The seal is on order. Hopefully I'll get the old seal off before the new one arrives.

/ hydraulic leak at the lift arm
Just an update. Seal arrived and replaced. I did have to destroy the seal that was in there to get it out. I ran the tractor, and it appears the leak is fixed. I've had this leak for a long time. I suspect it was there when I got the tractor. I can imagine how the seal would have gotten visibly damaged like it was. Thanks for the help.

/ hydraulic leak at the lift arm #14  
Good deal.

Chris