Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE

/ Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE #1  

Jrgalloway

Tractor
Kioti dk 35 se
I developed a leak on my Kioti DK 35. It is not at one of the quick fittings or hoses. I have attached a picture of the leak location. It appears to be on the inlet pipe of this hydraulic manifold at the weld (after the 90). Does anybody know if this part is still produced?

Attachments

• 20220620_160700.jpg
    20220620_160700.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
   / Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE #2  
I would suspect the weld is fine. I would take the bolt out and look closely at the O-rings.

/ Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE #3  
Pin hole leak on the weld? Normally that would just get a spot of weld on it, if out of warranty. Pretty commmon issue, esp. with cylinders, sometimes takes a while to appear.
DK35.jpg

/ Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE #4  
I would suspect the weld is fine. I would take the bolt out and look closely at the O-rings.
Agreed. 1st replace the o-ring. Dealer should have one, or tell you were to get one.

/ Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE
Thanks! Do you know if the fluid needs to be drained first? Also any idea what that part is called. It appears to be the pipe carrying incoming hydraulic fluid. Although i am going to inspect the earlier identified pin hole to see if fluid is leaking there.

/ Hydraulic Leak Kioti DK35 SE #6  
Thanks! Do you know if the fluid needs to be drained first? Also any idea what that part is called. It appears to be the pipe carrying incoming hydraulic fluid. Although i am going to inspect the earlier identified pin hole to see if fluid is leaking there.
Be very careful checking, it is under high pressure. Use cardboard or wood, not your hand (potentially deadly consequences).
It may come out of the pinhole as a vaporized mist, not a stream. I had a pinhole in an FEL cylnder weld, I could smell it long before I could see it.
If it is the tubing, a hydraulic/weld shop may be able to repair cheaper than a replacement, if one is available.
If I had to remove it, I would have threaded caps/plugs ready to seal the ends. Might lose a little fluid, but saves draining it, and adding more contamination to the fluid. Assuming you want to re-use it.