Hydraulic leak

/ Hydraulic leak #1  

scorpion12

I've got a yanmar 1500d and it looks like there's a leak coming from the center of one of the rear wheels.

Would this cause the hydraulic reservoir to be low? (there's only one right? by the left floor board?)

Is this the same reservoir that supplies hydraulics for everything else as well like the front end loader, 3 pt hitch and the transmission?

How full should this reservoir be?

How easy would it be to fix this leak and what parts would I need?

/ Hydraulic leak #2  
I've got a yanmar 1500d and it looks like there's a leak coming from the center of one of the rear wheels.

Would this cause the hydraulic reservoir to be low? (there's only one right? by the left floor board?)

Is this the same reservoir that supplies hydraulics for everything else as well like the front end loader, 3 pt hitch and the transmission?

How full should this reservoir be?

Sounds like a rear axle seal leaking, you will need the seal, and I would replace the seal collar. Fill the reservoir to the full mark on the dip stick.

Danny

/ Hydraulic leak
Where's the dipstick? I know, stupid question.

/ Hydraulic leak #5  

IF it is a red 1500D (the later model--I don't know about the green model) and it is leaking around the wheel seal, you have an internal problem. There should be no fluid in the axle housing. There is a seal between the gear housing and the axle housing. That seal keeps the fluid away from the brakes. I believe there are supposed to be holes in the bottom of the housing for drainage--mine are plugged.

I had to change that seal in mine several years ago. It is an unusual configuration, and at that time, was hard to find. If I had to do it again I would consider finding a bearing with one side sealed. Then the replacement seal would not be required.