hydraulic lever extensions

/ hydraulic lever extensions #1  

Gavman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana 4940
I put a top n tilt system on my machine, and I would like to figure out a way to extend the little levers that operates them so I can reach them better to operate it. Anybody done this before?

/ hydraulic lever extensions #2  
Do you want to make them longer or extend them further away from the valve?

To make them longer you can cut them and weld in a new extension; or fab a new set; or see if the manufacturer of your valve sells extended levers as an option.

To extend them away from the valve you will have to make up some new linkage and brackets; or you can simply move the valve body closer to where you will feel more comfortable using it.

/ hydraulic lever extensions #3  
I was just looking at the hyd. top link at http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm
Is this the one you have?
I plan on getting one for myself. I assumed that you controled it by a seperat valve. Or is there a built in valve?
thanks
AL

/ hydraulic lever extensions #4  
Al,
Do you have rear remotes on that Ford? If so, you connect the TnT top link hydraulics to it and use your rear remote lever(s) to control it.
See picture

Attachments

• 811478-Hydraulic American and Chinese.JPG
    811478-Hydraulic American and Chinese.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 323
   / hydraulic lever extensions #5  
I had the same problem with the levers on my tractor. Too short. The attachment is a picture of my solution. I just welded extensions on.
Al

Attachments

• 811555-Remote levers.jpg
    811555-Remote levers.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 511
   / hydraulic lever extensions #6  
No I dont have that setup , but I have a sererate valve that I use for plow swing. Id just T into that one. Of cource not use them both at once.LOL
Thanks for the pic. It really helps, wish the companys would have a section where the customers could post a few pics of their products.
Is your link the one I was asking about from http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm
Or is it another company? I like the gauge on it.
Allan

/ hydraulic lever extensions
Thanks to all. Sorry for taking so long to get back on here, had a busy day at church yesterday.

Vt Kioti,
Thanks for the pic, that is what I need to do.

Bedlam,
My machine has built in hydraulic hook ups and remotes. Can't help you on the aftermarket hook ups.
I didn't get the CCM top link, I think mine is made by Tysco. It doesn't have the valve or position indicator like 3RRL 's fancy one. After looking around, I don't think there is a significant price difference between the two,( I found this out after I bought mine). I'm not pushing or bashing any particular brand, but even though my Tysco cylinder works fine I would go with the CCM cylinder if I had to do it over again. Seems like you get more for the money.
-Gavin

/ hydraulic lever extensions #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No I dont have that setup , but I have a sererate valve that I use for plow swing. Id just T into that one)</font>

Bedlam,
If you want the hydraulics to work correctly you cannot just "T" into an existing line. All valves must be in series with all but the last (usually the 3pt) having power beyond.

/ hydraulic lever extensions
Dancce(TBN name) from Creek County Equipment Company in Depew, Oklahoma showed me a device that made one remote valve into two. It hooked up electrically and you could put a switch on the lever to switch remotes. Looked to be a good idea. I can't remember the price, I think it was something like $250, but don't hold me to it. It was alot cheaper than adding another hyd. line. I got a quote for around $1400 to have that done.

/ hydraulic lever extensions #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the pic. It really helps...Is your link the one I was asking about from http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm
Or is it another company? I like the gauge on it.)</font>

Allan and Gavman,
That picture is not from the CCM link or any other company, but of my own tractor with their top link (CCM hyd cylinder) mounted on it. The level indicator gauge is one I made myself, copying theirs and others I've seen. I posted a thread on making it a while back. Just CLICK HERE to see how I made it. It was fun.

Also, I don't know enough about hydraulics to advise you whether or not you can "T" off another line. I think Mad is right by having to keep the valves in series. I do know that the guys at CCM can and will advise you on what you have to do. They will be advising me when I buy the side link tilting hydraulics from them. They also will be selling me the controls for that so they'll have to tell me how to do it anyway. But they are really good people and will help you.

Hope you like that level indicater thread.