Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil

/ Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil #1  

BrisMatt

Tractor
JD 455
I have a ford 1120 which is leaking oil at the lift control valve. The valve has 3 ports which have o'rings and there is a gasket that goes between the flat face of the control valve and the side of the tractor. I have attached a photo of the control valve.

As you can see from the photo the o'rings keep deforming and this is where the leak comes from.

Does anyone know the correct size for the o-rings? the recess that the o'rings sit in is much wider than the o'ring. Should the o'ring suit the outer diameter of the recess like I have been doing or the diameter of the port?

I have also had problems with the o-rings being sucked into the hydraulic lines and ending up in the oil filter.
20110215_001.jpg

/ Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil #2  
I was going to ask if those o-rings were factory o-rings, or some o-rings that looked like they fit. There are lots of o-rings that look similar.

You should try and get the factory o-rings.

Do you know the torque requirement on the valve bolts.

/ Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil
ok have ordered the factory gear, i am paying $2.20 per o-ring but if it works its definately worth it.

Ill keep you posted.

/ Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil #4  
Did you find a solution to the leaking valve? I have a friend with a 1120 with the same problem. He has changed the o-rings, but still has the same problem.

/ Hydraulic Lift Leaking Oil #5  
Why do you need a gasket? The orings should do it by there self. Is the mating surfaces good and flat?